Replies

• I'll admit to not being his Number One Fan, but there's no denying his contributions to the comics industry, not the least among which is his co-creation of one of my favorite characters.

1936973551?profile=original

• Doggone it!

That's so crazy. Just last night, I was having trouble falling asleep, and I pulled the Steve Ditko Omnibus Vol. 2 and read the intro of Hawk and Dove.

That's really ironic because I've had both volumes for over five years, and thus far, all they had been nothing but shelf candy. The comic world really is a better place for his being a part of it, and not just for Spider-Man and Doctor Strange. I've been a fan of his horror works for so many years.

• I grew to love his work on Amazing Adult Fantasy before Spider-Man.

Too bad the Hollywood Reporter article shows Kirby's re-do of Ditko's AF #15 cover, implying that it was Ditko's.

• Richard Willis said:

Too bad the Hollywood Reporter article shows Kirby's re-do of Ditko's AF #15 cover, implying that it was Ditko's.

True, but I seriously doubt The Hollywood Reporter would know the cover artist of Amazing Fantasy #15 wasn't Steve Ditko. Even if it did, I'm sure it wanted to offer an illustration of the comic featuring first Spider-Man story more than it wanted to get into the weeds of whose fingerprints were on the creation of the character in a simple photo caption.

• Wasn't it Steve Ditko who gave us Iron Man's classic look in red and gold?

• Tales of Suspense #48 introduced the red and gold armor. The cover was penciled by Kirby and the interior story is penciled by Ditko. I don't recall if anyone attributed the design to one of them. 

• OH NO!

• Rest in peace.

• 1936973490?profile=original

• 1936972738?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

This reply was deleted.