Replies

• From Deadline: "Tim Conway Dies: ‘Carol Burnett Show’ & ‘McHale’s Navy’ Stando...

One of my happiest memories was from one year when my wife and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary, and we went to see Tim Conway and Harvey Korman in a stage show. The two gentlemen came on stage in tuxedos and introduced themselves, did some standup comedy -- separately and together -- and, joined by comedienne Carol DuArt, performed some classic skits from The Carol Burnett Show. Like the Mrs. Wiggins bit, and, of course, "The Dentist." 

I was laughing for an entire week after seeing that. But probably not as much as they were. Even though they must have done that bit countless times, it was clear that they were good buddies and still enjoyed hanging out together. 

• One of the best and I always thought a bit under-rated.

• Man, I loved him. I remember watching re-runs of The Carol Burnett Show and he was a definite favorite on there. He could make me laugh with just his facial expressions. A true great. 

• Dang! Just last week I was watching a not-very-old interview with him and Harvey Korman, and another with Vickie Lawrence talking about the infamous Elephant Story. Man, I loved that guy!
  • I remember when Lyle Waggoner was a regular on the Carol Burnett Show abd Tim Conway was a frequent guest. then, when Waggoner left and it was announced that Conway would be replacing him, I can't tell you how big of a score I thought that was.

• Tributes from the acting community: "Carol Burnett, Vicki Lawrence Remember Tim Conway; Conan O'Brien, Patricia Heaton Among Many Praising the Comic Icon -- Update"

This reply was deleted.