It looks like the Sgt. Rock movie is back on, however it is now planned as a sci-fi movie. I'll pass.

Views: 141

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rob Staeger said:
Whether or not they've ever read a Sgt. Rock comic, the people who'll go to see a space war movie (SF fans, for the most part, unless it breaks really big, which I wouldn't expect it to), are the same people who are hyper-nitpicky about source material (not that you have to be hyper-nitpicky to see the problems with this). That's what I mean about alienating the potential audience -- not the Sgt. Rock fans, but the legions of anal-retentive SF fans who'll cry foul given any opportunity. And this here's a good one.

If this thing ever gets made -- which I doubt -- it'll tank.

I don't get this: Are you saying that the people who'll go see a space war movie will reject this space war movie because it isn't based on a space war movie but a World War II-set comic?
Pretty much, yeah. (Maybe it's the cold meds talking.)

There'll be online backlash, and I think SF fans are more attuned to most to online backlash. They might not avoid it because it's not a good representation of Sgr. Rock; they'll just avoid it because by the time it comes out (if it ever does) they'll have heard so much complaining about it that they'll be preconditioned to think it's lousy.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service