And here's what you missed in the final issue of Siege...Siege!

Views: 495

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I didn't even mention that while it makes total sense for Bob to ask Thor to kill him, it makes no sense for the Void to. Not one mention, nah-ah. I also didn't point out that this wasn't a siege, it was an assault. I don't want to cause a skism in the board, after all.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! it's much better now!

Listen to WOXY.com, it's the future of rock-n-roll!

Dagwan said:
One thing that Doc Beechler left out is that all of Siege and the events afterward took place in a single day.

I don't remember anything in there specifically suggesting all the aftermath happened in a single day...
Dagwan said:
I didn't even mention that while it makes total sense for Bob to ask Thor to kill him, it makes no sense for the Void to. Not one mention, nah-ah. I also didn't point out that this wasn't a siege, it was an assault. I don't want to cause a skism in the board, after all.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

I never asked Thor to kill me! I'm sure I could find volunteers enough if I - oh, different Bob, never mind.
Alan M. said:
Dagwan said:
One thing that Doc Beechler left out is that all of Siege and the events afterward took place in a single day.

I don't remember anything in there specifically suggesting all the aftermath happened in a single day...

On the page at the party where the Asgardians show up on, Thor says, "...I was never so humbled but for the acts of friendship and bravery you bestowed upon me and my Asgardian brothers today." (emphasis mine)

It could have said "...this week." or "...during the attack." or a thousand other things, but it doesn't.

Many weeks are but like a day to the gods...

Ducks and runs...
Doc Beechler said:
Ducks and runs...

"Eats, shoots, and leaves."
The Baron said:
Doc Beechler said:
Ducks and runs...

"Eats, shoots, and leaves."

Hee hee hee ...
I kinda felt this was a weak, anticlimactic ending, but I think that about almost all Bendis's work at Marvel. I'm okay with that to a degree though. He's weak on plotting, but he comes up with great ideas that other talents take and run with. I'm really looking forward to some of the books spinning out of this.
Rich Lane said:
I kinda felt this was a weak, anticlimactic ending, but I think that about almost all Bendis's work at Marvel. I'm okay with that to a degree though. He's weak on plotting, but he comes up with great ideas that other talents take and run with. I'm really looking forward to some of the books spinning out of this.

That is close to my own feelings. He has a lot of great BIG IDEAS, but I think others tend to capitalize on them more than he is able to.

I didn't read Siege and I'm not going to. That being said, I like the list of Siege happenings that Doc posted. Thanks, Doc.
I reread, and while I can see exactly where this phrase would cause confusion, I don't think it's supposed to mean the whole shebang happened in one day. I think it's more likely that Bendis is trying to make Thor sound "epic" and is taking his cue from famous war statements of the past like "a day which will live in infamy" or "this is our finest hour." He just doesn't take into consideration that those statements were made on the day the attacks occurred.

Dagwan said:
Alan M. said:
Dagwan said:

On the page at the party where the Asgardians show up on, Thor says, "...I was never so humbled but for the acts of friendship and bravery you bestowed upon me and my Asgardian brothers today." (emphasis mine)

It could have said "...this week." or "...during the attack." or a thousand other things, but it doesn't.

No, they all realize how bad it has been, but they want to move forward and you can't do that without forgiveness. And Maria Hill wasn't arrested, she's back with SHIELD.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service