Replies

• ?
  • Asgard is destroyed.

Loki is killed by the Sentry.

The Sentry is, willingly, destroyed by Thor and thrown into the Sun.

The Superhero Registration Act is gotten rid of.

Steve Rogers becomes the new head of world security. Bucky remains Captain America.

Stark Tower gets a cool Asgardian topper.

Amazingly, Luke and Jessica's baby survives! (Yay!)

Norman Osborn goes to jail and, really, shouldn't be trusted by anyone...ever...again.

In the New Avengers Finale book...the Hood, Madame Mask, and Count Nefaria (paging the Uncanny X-Cast podcast!) are taken down and placed into custody with Maria Hill.

Whew!
  • The Baron said:
    ?

I was doing a Glee-esque spoiler opening post...
  • This was my last comic book for the foreseeable future. :(

As stopping points go, though, it's a pretty good one...
  • Doc Beechler said:
    The Baron said:
    ?

I was doing a Glee-esque spoiler opening post...

What does it mean - "Glee-esque"?
  • Doc Beechler said:
    Asgard is destroyed.

Loki is killed by the Sentry.

The Sentry is, willingly, destroyed by Thor and thrown into the Sun.

The Superhero Registration Act is gotten rid of.

Steve Rogers becomes the new head of world security. Bucky remains Captain America.

Stark Tower gets a cool Asgardian topper.

Amazingly, Luke and Jessica's baby survives! (Yay!)

Norman Osborn goes to jail and, really, shouldn't be trusted by anyone...ever...again.

In the New Avengers Finale book...the Hood, Madame Mask, and Count Nefaria (paging the Uncanny X-Cast podcast!) are taken down and placed into custody with Maria Hill.

Whew!

So, you're not going to be buying the Everyone Trusts Norman mini that's coming out this fall?
  • Glee...the very popular TV show...how have you avoided at least seeing/hearing about it?
  • Doc Beechler said:
    Glee...the very popular TV show...how have you avoided at least seeing/hearing about it?

Oh, that's that thing that was on the cover of the Rolling Stone a week or two back.

Yeah, my brain filters out anything like that that's inherently unappealing to me.
  • Alan M. said:
    This was my last comic book for the foreseeable future. :(
    As stopping points go, though, it's a pretty good one...

This is the worst possible stopping point.

Siege #3 would have been better.

Bendis' writing on the Avengers always seems to grate on me, but this was the worst. One thing that Doc Beechler left out is that all of Siege and the events afterward took place in a single day. That's right, including the "throwing out" the SRA (was it repealed? Ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court? Executive order?), the appointment of Steve Rogers to head HAMMER's (was there ever a reveal of what HAMMER was an acronym for?) replacement org (without a congressional hearing!), and everybody gets healed up cleaned up and carted to Avengers Tower (with a detour for Steve Rogers) for a big bash, that I'm sure Tony always had a secret contingency plan for.

(Tony Stark Contingency plan 1736B: In case the superhuman community is commandeered by a bad guy, on the day evil is beat back and the good guys are in charge again, automatically order the following hors d'oeuvres...)

Bleh. At least it sold decently.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! it's much better now!

Listen to WOXY.com, it's the future of rock-n-roll!

• Man...you are a hard customer. Sure it happened quickly...but I'd rather it be this way than a six-issue mini about congressional hearings. It allows everything to be ready for the new bright and shiny Avengers series starting next week. When reading Bendis, it's gonna be a heart 80% - head 20 % show anyway...you gotta know that by now.
This reply was deleted.