Replies

• Latest forecast in my area is for the snow to start around 6 pm tonight, with no sign of stopping until midmorning Sunday, at the earliest.

Which would be cool if I didn't have Rockapella tickets for 2 pm tomorrow (which Weather.com has listed as "Severe weather" in big, bold red letters) and the office holiday party tomorrow night.

Oh well. Looks like Action Lad and I will just go out and throw snowballs. Which, actually, makes for a pretty darn good day.
  • !#$@%@%^&*%^!
  • Randy, do you dislike snowballs, or Action Lad?

;)

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! It's a pretty lame website, but I did it myself, so tough noogies

Listen to WOXY.com, it's the future of rock-n-roll!

• Dagwan said:
    Randy, do you dislike snowballs, or Action Lad?

Choose carefully, my friend.
  • Snow in general is what I dislike. I'm sure Action Lad is quite the delightful little tyke, and doesn't take after his father at all.

Doctor Hmmm? said:
    Dagwan said:
    Randy, do you dislike snowballs, or Action Lad?

Choose carefully, my friend.
  • We had a bit of "winter mix" yesterday, which mainly involved a bit of sleet in my neighborhood. So it never occurred to me to check the library's inclement weather line--same with two of my coworkers here at the branch. We opened at 9 AM, only to discover we were supposed to wait until 11. Then a few minutes later we get an email saying opening has been pushed back to 1! In the meantime I've got computer users (naturally) which our manager said to allow to finish. So I'm here, but I'm not here... First time this has happened to me. I'll never make that mistake again!
  • Randy Jackson said:
    Snow in general is what I dislike. I'm sure Action Lad is quite the delightful little tyke, and doesn't take after his father at all.

HA! Well played, sir!

Pretty much what was expected so far last night and this morning. A blizzard of dry, powdery white stuff that is drifting everywhere. I've got drifts of 2-4 feet around my house already, depending on which direction the wind is blowing. This is supposed to continue, with periods of "heavy snow" -- Heavier than this? Ouch! -- throughout the day.

Luckily, both the concert and my party were rescheduled, so I'm free to hole up all day.
  • It just started to snow here about an hour ago. I don't care, it has to get pretty apocalyptic before I stay indoors.
  • Here, where I am on LI, it started about late afternoon/early evening, with a teaser--a light flurry, then it came DOWN. Within a few hours, my driveway was blanketed and the road in front of my house was nearly gone.
    I got up at 7:30am to help shovel out the cars and it took us (my dad & I) a good half-hour just to get to the street from mid-way of our driveway. Fortunately, we have Saturns, so they made getting in & out a little easier. But we're not going anywhere unless absolutely necessary.
    Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to borrow my father's massaging-carseat pad & try to unknot my lower back.
  • The best time in my life was the six years I spent living in Florida.

Snow holds no appeal to me. Massive snowfalls hold even less. With any other weather phenomenon, when it's over, its over; you don't have to spend hours and hours and days using muscle and equipment and money to get it out of the way and get rid of it.

I lived through the blizzard of '78, and saw all the snow I could ever possibly want to see in one lifetime then. I get no thrill from it today. As for now, we got about two feet of the stuff here, and there are rumors more is coming on Friday. For those of you who dream of a white Christmas, enjoy.
This reply was deleted.