It's supposed to start after midnight here...maybe a couple of inches. Huzzah! It's cocoa and Sky Captain night at the Beechler-Simpson home!

Views: 1664

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Some of the roads in northern Shelby County were icy. We were closed, too.

Well, we got snow in thw overnight, that's for sure, but I don't gotta go out in it.

The Baron said:

Whereas, here on Long Island, I haven't seen a single snowflake so far this winter, which the latest I've ever gone in a winter without seeing any.  

Some more snow fell in the DMV* overnight, and this time, they were ready; they had the snowplows out good and early, and Virginia even called out the National Guard.

* That's "DC/Maryland/Virginia.

My school closed again today, and the temperature has made it all the way up to 23°F already. I'm hoping not to have to go anywhere before tomorrow morning.

I'm in Queens, NYC and I got about 4-5 inches last night between midnight and 5AM. Due to my health issues, I can't go out immediately to shovel (I must eat/take meds) but it wasn't as bad as it looked and I was done in about 90 minutes. 

But I'm exhausted, was cold and sweaty and will feel this tomorrow!

It is 28 degrees as I post this at 12:25 Eastern Standard Time. Even the daytime highs aren't expected to break freezing in Southern New England until next Thursday (the 13th) at the earliest.

Been snowing since sometime before dawn and supposed to continue in flurries until just before sunset tonight.

Here's what it looked like outside during breakfast a few hours ago.

The snowbanks have gotten higher and deeper since.

Good thing I don't have to shovel that stuff!

There is about 5 inches of snow currently. I'm working from home along with 1 daughter. My wife and other daughter had their schools close for the day.

There was a 75-vehicle pileup in Kentucky on Interstate 64 because of today's snowfall, says NBC News.

Man, hang in there, you guys.

BOMBOGENESIS!  Sounds like something out of Jack Kirby's Captain America run.  Nine inches down and still more falling here on the Island.

Got eight-to-ten here! About to clean up now!

I don't expect any clean-up  here until it stops snowing.  I have nowhere to go today.  Unless I need to go somewhere tomorrow, I'll leave the shoveling to the landlord's men.

Philip Portelli said:

Got eight-to-ten here! About to clean up now!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Oops! He usually drew Kyle Raynor well but I've only seen Hal Jordan looking right once.…"
25 minutes ago
Randy Jackson replied to Randy Jackson's discussion Ketchup/Catsup - Refrigerated or not
"Philistine! :P"
4 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Randy Jackson's discussion Ketchup/Catsup - Refrigerated or not
"If you want to live dangerously, and introduce the risk of growing bacteria and mold In that…"
4 hours ago
The Baron replied to Randy Jackson's discussion Ketchup/Catsup - Refrigerated or not
"Stored in a cabinet until you open it.  Once it's open, in the fridge."
4 hours ago
Randy Jackson posted discussions
4 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"That's Kyle Raynor, not Hal Jordan."
4 hours ago
Randy Jackson replied to Randy Jackson's discussion How do the Wakandans mine Vibranium?
"Thanks. I guess that answers my question. "
4 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Another wrap-around. I don't like his Hal Jordan."
5 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Took down my previous post when I realized it was a dupe. Realized no posted this one yet."
5 hours ago
Captain Comics posted a discussion

Dark Horse Comics in September 2022

MIGNOLAVERSESOn sale Nov 16…See More
6 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Supergirl through the years!  (btw & IMO only, I don't think that Dick Giordano was a…"
8 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Randy Jackson's discussion How do the Wakandans mine Vibranium?
"Here is an online explanation (one which references the comics rather than the movies)."
8 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service