It's supposed to start after midnight here...maybe a couple of inches. Huzzah! It's cocoa and Sky Captain night at the Beechler-Simpson home!

Views: 1669

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Some of the roads in northern Shelby County were icy. We were closed, too.

Well, we got snow in thw overnight, that's for sure, but I don't gotta go out in it.

The Baron said:

Whereas, here on Long Island, I haven't seen a single snowflake so far this winter, which the latest I've ever gone in a winter without seeing any.  

Some more snow fell in the DMV* overnight, and this time, they were ready; they had the snowplows out good and early, and Virginia even called out the National Guard.

* That's "DC/Maryland/Virginia.

My school closed again today, and the temperature has made it all the way up to 23°F already. I'm hoping not to have to go anywhere before tomorrow morning.

I'm in Queens, NYC and I got about 4-5 inches last night between midnight and 5AM. Due to my health issues, I can't go out immediately to shovel (I must eat/take meds) but it wasn't as bad as it looked and I was done in about 90 minutes. 

But I'm exhausted, was cold and sweaty and will feel this tomorrow!

It is 28 degrees as I post this at 12:25 Eastern Standard Time. Even the daytime highs aren't expected to break freezing in Southern New England until next Thursday (the 13th) at the earliest.

Been snowing since sometime before dawn and supposed to continue in flurries until just before sunset tonight.

Here's what it looked like outside during breakfast a few hours ago.

The snowbanks have gotten higher and deeper since.

Good thing I don't have to shovel that stuff!

There is about 5 inches of snow currently. I'm working from home along with 1 daughter. My wife and other daughter had their schools close for the day.

There was a 75-vehicle pileup in Kentucky on Interstate 64 because of today's snowfall, says NBC News.

Man, hang in there, you guys.

BOMBOGENESIS!  Sounds like something out of Jack Kirby's Captain America run.  Nine inches down and still more falling here on the Island.

Got eight-to-ten here! About to clean up now!

I don't expect any clean-up  here until it stops snowing.  I have nowhere to go today.  Unless I need to go somewhere tomorrow, I'll leave the shoveling to the landlord's men.

Philip Portelli said:

Got eight-to-ten here! About to clean up now!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Philip Portelli replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
"My mistake! I double-checked my Flash Gordon books and they're NOT by Hermes Press but by…"
2 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
""I've seen the Flash Gordon serial, never seen the Buck Rogers one." Flash Gordon…"
3 hours ago
"Yes, the "Yellow Peril" was sadly prevalent when Buck Rogers and Flash…"
3 hours ago
The Baron replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
"In the original comics, the 25th Century was dominated by the Mongol Empire.  Later World War…"
3 hours ago
"I never had the opportunity though I do have six volumes of the Hermes Press Flash…"
3 hours ago
"Ever read the original Buck Rogers comic strips from the the late 1920's and early…"
3 hours ago
"Even though Buster Crabbe played both roles, Flash Gordon is much better than Buck…"
4 hours ago
"I really wanna read Li'l Cap'n Comic and Stories."
4 hours ago
Captain Comics replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
"I had a very similar experience! The Li'l Capn wanted info about Marvel, DC, Charlton,…"
5 hours ago
The Baron replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"And thus, the world was made safe from comics adaptations of My Friend Flicka."
6 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
""When the CCA was established, one of the results was apparently to avoid the use of the word…"
7 hours ago
Dave Palmer replied to Captain Comics's discussion This Week in Comics: June 20-26, 2022
"For an 80s example see Silver Star, and for a 90s example see Bombast."
7 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service