How is the new site performing? I know we've seen some new folks join, and some people who've been away from the old boards come back, but has there been a net gain of people actually participating? Some folks have left us, apparantly for good. (Alexandra/ Clowny for example no longer has an account here.) Are the posting numbers up? Down? I can't find any way to check that myself.

Just curious.

Views: 139

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Doc Beechler said:
Of course, the fact that we're a bunch of bitchy, old guys probably doesn't help matters...

Beechler, you young punk, stay off my lawn!
Dagwan said:
I haven't had any functionality problems with FireFox. I'm using version 3.0.11, on Windows XP.

PowerBook Pete said:
I don't seem to be, either. I'm using Firefox 3.5.7 on Windows XP at work and Safari at home.

I'm using Firefox 3.5.7 on Windows XP Pro at work, and (I think) the same one on Windows XP at home, and I have the same difficulties at work and at home.
I don't have any add-ons or extensions on Firefox, if that may be a difference.
Maybe it does; I do have several add-ons.
I'm still here, too, but I don't get to check in everyday the way I used to do. Lately, I just haven't had much to say. I'm happy with my current comics list, but nothing is knocking my socks off and compelling me to discuss it.
Batmatt Beyond said:
I'm still here, too, but I don't get to check in everyday the way I used to do. Lately, I just haven't had much to say. I'm happy with my current comics list, but nothing is knocking my socks off and compelling me to discuss it.

What he said. I still check out the site, but don't post that often. And I'm way behind in my reading and cutting back on my purchases, so I don't really have much to contribute these days...
Mark S. Ogilvie said:
I've had less time and less money for a while now, but I also find it kind of hard to keep track of what is and is not going on. Not only do we have the forum, we have blogs and we have separate groups...it's hard to keep track of everything at a glance like I used to on the old forum.

I hear that. I have stopped posting new threads in the Groups, choosing instead to put them in the Forums, to get a higher chance of participation. I'll still respond in the Groups, but not as often.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! It's a pretty lame website, but I did it myself, so tough noogies

Listen to WOXY.com, it's the future of rock-n-roll!

Dagwan said:
Mark S. Ogilvie said:
I've had less time and less money for a while now, but I also find it kind of hard to keep track of what is and is not going on. Not only do we have the forum, we have blogs and we have separate groups...it's hard to keep track of everything at a glance like I used to on the old forum.

I hear that. I have stopped posting new threads in the Groups, choosing instead to put them in the Forums, to get a higher chance of participation. I'll still respond in the Groups, but not as often.

I don't think you're the only one. The participation in the Groups has been spotty, some Groups haven't had any activity in a month or more.
Yeah, very little group activity for me ... Sure, lately I'm posting in the Virtually Heroic one, but I can't think of the last time I looked in any of the others.
Doctor Hmmm? said:
I think Clark stole my response. Seriously, just read what he said and (except for the multiple browsers stuff), pretend it's from me.

And I think Darin stole my response about Kelvin stealing his response.

That, and what Mark said about groups.
What I like about some of the group pages are the constantly updating RSS feeds. The Doctor Who RSS is especially good.
So far, it's doing well, IMHO.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service