Just bringing this discussion over to ning...

What books are you reading right now that don't have a narrative driven by images as well as words?

Views: 9082

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

of it I finished

Finnegans Wake by James Joyce, every word

FT

The Baron said:

Finished Finnegan's Wake, by James Joyce . Every word of it.

Next up:  The Saga of Tanya the Evil 3: The Finest Hour, by Carlo Zen

Now reading:  The Making of the Atomic Bomb, by Richard Rhodes

Murder in Mesopotamia. Up until now, I had never read a single Agatha Christie novel.

The Baron said:

Now reading:  The Making of the Atomic Bomb, by Richard Rhodes

Read:

Otorimonogatari: Decoy Tale, by Nisioisin

Reborn as a Vending Machine, I Now Wander the Dungeon 2, by Hirukuma

Now Reading: A Treatise on Tolerance, and Other Writings, by Voltaire

Read Steven Pinker's Enlightenment Now and took part in a discussion of the book last Saturday.

I've been making my way through Piers Anthony's Incarnations of Immortality series. I'm currently on the third book With a Tangled Skein which deals with Fate. I never had all of the books, not I have all but the last one, but that was published like 17 years after the first books came out, so I don't consider it part of the main series. 

I've also done some spot reading of Sparring with Gil Kane which is a collection of interviews he did.

Finally, I'm also reading Moving Day by Jonathan Stone. It is the story of a 72 year old man who is robbed by a con man, and his quest to get his belongings back. 

Now reading The Most Dangerous Book: The Battle for James Joyce's Ulysses, by Kevin Birmingham.

Malone's Jefferson: The Virginian.  This set has been sitting on my bookshelf for ... jeez, 25 years?

I recently read Charles Soule's first novel, The Oracle Year, which I really enjoyed. I recommend it.

Now I'm reading Stephen King's 11/22/63, which I've had on my Kindle for years. At about a third of the way in I'm enjoying it very much.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service