Just bringing this discussion over to ning...

What books are you reading right now that don't have a narrative driven by images as well as words?

Views: 8026

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just finished The Rome Express, by Major Arthur Griffiths. It's another one in the collection Victorian Villainies, selected by Graham and Hugh Greene. A quick read but not great.
The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson. The 1963 film adaption has a very creepy feel to it, not scary but creepy.
doc photo said:
The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson. The 1963 film adaption has a very creepy feel to it, not scary but creepy.

I love both the book and the '63 film. Robert Wise captured the spirit of the book perfectly.

(The less said about the '99 film the better, of course.)
I'm re-reading Anna Karenina for the fourth time. A friend is teaching it in a lit class this fall and unintentionally inspired me to read it as well.
I've just finished The Chief Legatee, by Anna Katherine Green. I spotted the solution to the mystery early in this one.
I'm reading Usurper of the Sun, by Housuke Najiri, an interesting sci-fi "first contact" novel.
For some reason, I just felt a sudden urge to re-read My Kinsman, Major Molineux.
I love the "Twice-Told Tales."
The Timeline Of The Civil War by John D. Wright.
I am always listening to a book on tape in my car. Currently the book is Fer-De-Lance by Rex Stout.
Reading Missin', by Novala Takemoto, the author of Kamikaze Girls.
My current book on tape is Hard Eight by Janet Evanovich.
Working on Moby Dick. I know it's a classic, probably the greatest novel in American literature. But it's not an easy read, lemme tell ya.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service