Replies

• Let me be the first to say Barbara Gordon.

I'd rank her behind Mr. Terrific but ahead of Luthor.

Depending on what qualities are being considered, she might fall on either side of Batman.
  • Amanda Waller might be up there -- it depends what you mean by smartest.
  • Oh yeah, I agree with Rob. Waller would definitely be up there. Selina Kyle perhaps?
  • First, let me say it's clearly not Lois Lane. I wouldn't put Barbara, Catwoman or Waller in the list. They are all clever and/or wise, but I wouldn't say smart. Well, maybe Barbara.
  • Dr. Light, Barbara Gordon, and...hmm...um...uh...Superman after exposure to red kryptonite?
  • There are plenty of kinds of smart, of course. Depending which kind you mean, I'd consider Dian Belmont. Clever, creative, wise.

But women in the DCU generally don't get slotted in the supergenius roles. How about Veronica Cale? Or the Amazon who invented the Purple Ray -- was that Paula, or am I thinking of someone else?
  • I'm pretty sure that was Paula, at least Pre-Crisis. I suppose I could dig out my Wonder Woman Archives and check, but at the moment I'll rely on my faulty memory.

Rob Staeger said:
    There are plenty of kinds of smart, of course. Depending which kind you mean, I'd consider Dian Belmont. Clever, creative, wise.

But women in the DCU generally don't get slotted in the supergenius roles. How about Veronica Cale? Or the Amazon who invented the Purple Ray -- was that Paula, or am I thinking of someone else?
  • And was that the same Paula as Diana's old nemesis, Paula Von Gunther? I *think* I recall her turning over a new leaf, but there have been so many versions of continuity I don't know unless someone tells me outright.
  • Barbara Gordon.
    Nura Nal.
    Roulette.

YMMV, of course.

x<]:o){
  • Nura! You're absolutely right, Fogey!
This reply was deleted.