....dang it!  Now I'm friggin' hooked on the Legion books again.  The Comic Geek Speak crew talked up the Villains book, so I picked it up.  The whole Saturn Queen plan sucked me in...destroying the three worlds in the future which keep good people doing good things.  I'm still trying to figure out the third so-far un-named world.  I really liked the Action storyline with the Legion and I thought Legion of Three Worlds was fun...but this one-shot did what they didn't...made me go back to the shop and buy up their copies of Legion and Adventure.

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Philip, Titan was destroyed about a year ago in LSH #1 of the current series.

Geez, I got to start paying attention to these things!

About the Blue Flame, when I was checking out if the Controllers had a home base, I pulled out the Legion Archive to reread Adventure Comics #357 (Ju'67) "The Ghost of Ferro Lad!" which was the first appearance of a Controller. It was he who unleashed the Sun-Eater and wanted the Legion disbanded. On Page 19, Panel 2, he creates a manifestation of his power which does resemble blue flame. He also possessed vast mental abilities, uber-technology and the custom of manipulating people. True he died in that story but does that matter today? Plus the Controllers were revealed to be an offshot of the Guardians of Oa. The Darkstars were their agents.

I don't know if that has anything to do with Levitz's story, but I thought it interesting.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service