I just got an email purporting to come from an Andrew Smith, with a link to a webpage which I didn't click on. The message says it was sent from an iPhone. I don't get much spam, and the name made me think of this board. I thought I should post about this in case a malicious party has gotten access to the board's email list.

Views: 105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I got it, too.

I didn't get it. Possibly it's related to his AOL address.

I didn't get one, either. Seems to have been selective.

I didn't get it. Please, follow up if you can.

The message wasn't sent through the board, so the emailer may have gotten Pete's and my addresses from some other source (say, the maker of software we both use). The name could be a coincidence, a compound of two common names that's supposed to make people think they know the sender. The personalised part of the email's return address was "fatherjad", which means nothing to me, and the URL in the message was a meaningless collection of letters. I don't know of a way of following it up. I've already deleted the message.

I checked my spam folder and sure enough, it was in there. 

There was a link to suzuki website and a couple of email addresses. One being a captain comics aol address and the other coming from something called rossi.com.

I got it on an older email address that I haven't used on the ning site.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service