Steven Spielberg to direct Blackhawk Movie

Certainly not the the property that one would expect, but I'm guessing that a) it's Spielberg and b) Guardians of the Galaxy worked for Marvel, so why not?

Views: 203

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

WWII from the POV of a tank crew strikes me as a good premise for a movie. Maybe one of the men could be a little odd, and have visions he doesn't talk about of a ghostly horseman.

We recently had Fury -- it had preposterosity in common with Haunted Tank!

I'd not heard of that one; it sounds very like a Haunted Tank film. Wikipedia indicates it made a profit, and was less expensive to make than many superhero films.

Sgt. Rock-ish films might include A Walk in the Sun (1945) and The Big Red One (1980), but I've only seen portions of both.

I haven't seen any of these three films. I do remember that when The Big Red One came out some movie goers thought it referred to some object that was big and red.

Of course, it's the nickname of the Army's 1st Infantry Division, and its patch:

The Big Red One could have easily been a Sgt. Rock film. In fact, I remember drawing the comparison when the film was newly released all those years ago. Not only that, but I remember thinking it would have been a good Sgt. Rock film as well.

As for Black Hawk, so long as Spielsburg doesn't repeat "1941" (don't get me wrong, 1941 is a personal favorite; but, Black Hawk shouldn't be that over the top) we could be looking at the secon good DC film.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service