Stan Lee 1922-2018, R.I.P.

From The Hollywood Reporter: "Stan Lee, Marvel Comics' Real-Life Superhero, Dies at 95"

Stan Lee, the legendary writer, editor and publisher of Marvel Comics whose fantabulous but flawed creations made him a real-life superhero to comic book lovers everywhere, has died. He was 95. 

Lee, who began in the business in 1939 and created or co-created Black Panther, Spider-Man, the X-Men, the Mighty Thor, Iron Man, the Fantastic Four, the Incredible Hulk, Daredevil and Ant-Man, among countless other characters, died early Monday morning at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, a source told The Hollywood Reporter.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It is a sad day, indeed. Excelsior, Stan.

• We all knew he wouldn't be around forever, it just seemed that way, very sad indeed. Other than the recent reports of problems, Stan seemed to have a led a very good life.

• Awfully sad.

• Starting comics around 1973, Stan was already gone from new comics for the most part but I read his Spider-Man in Marvel Tales, his Fantastic Four in Marvel's Greatest Comics and, more importantly to me, his Avengers in Marvel Triple Action.

Melodramatic? Of course. Bombastic? Naturally. Corny? At times. Progressive? Certainly. 

Great comics? Great experiences? Definitely, to all True Believers!

• I heard 20-30 minutes ago from a Danish Facebook friend of mine's post...........
  • Rest in Peace, Stan.

• I started reading Stan's work in the pre-FF monster books and really became aware of him when I started reading the FF with the fifth issue. His collaboration with Kirby and Ditko to start the "Marvel Age" of superheroes was indispensable. None of the three of them could have made it the success it was without the others. It is a rare Marvel movie that hasn't had a cameo by Stan. From now on they all will be without him.

• He changed the world. He taught so many people so many important things... about responsibility, about perseverance, about what it's like to be different. He was a giant, and we won't see his like again.

• Peter David remembers Stan Lee for Vulture.com: "What Stan Lee Meant to One of His Closest Collaborators"

• The headline of the year: https://twitter.com/huwzat/status/1062305956082733056?fbclid=IwAR14...

This reply was deleted.