As various news outlets have reported,  there have been unfortunate developments in 95-year old Stan Lee's life lately. 

To start with undisputed facts,  Stan has been fighting a persistent case of pneumonia, and has dropped out of public sight.  He has also reported to the Beverly Hills Police that at least two massive unauthorized withdrawals - of a seven figure amount - were made - stolen - from his account. 

Recently, his long-time caretaker/manager, Max Anderson, was fired by his daughter.  There are now " s/he said " interpretations of the situation coming from different camps damning or defending Anderson...and,  taking this into " not for the kiddies "/PG-13 territory, claims of " inappropriate behavior " both by and against Stan involving female nursing personnel.  I have drawn from ComicBook.com and Bleeding Cool as well as a lengthy article in the English tabloid the Daily Mail in assembling this. TMZ and Fox News apparently put their fingers in this pie as well,  but I havn't checked them out. 

Stan apparently remains incommunicado at this point. Sadly, one remembers Casey Kasem and Mickey Rooney's final months:-€... 

Views: 997

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

...Okay, thank you!

...I saw the tail end, tuning in late, of the ABC broadcast of this Stan memorial documentary (which ran on Freeform?? last night??). Anybody else seen it?

I recorded it but haven't watched it yet. It is called "Celebrating Marvel's Stan Lee." It was on ABC, not Freeform, on December 20. A one-hour special featuring stars of Marvel movies and TV shows. They aren't reshowing it on TV but you can watch it on Hulu or ABC.COM. Without a cable company you will be able to watch it on ABC.COM in about a week for free. .

.. Thank you!

I watched it. It's pretty good.

...A current commercial for Kentucky Fried Chicken am in one now) feature an announcer who sounds weirdly lime Stan - Don't Jewish New York elderly male accents from Da Bronx just scream out " yummy Southern fried goodies " to you? This does, oddly enough, this ties in with the fact that I long thought that Stan and Colonel Sanders shaded a commonality - That of being elderly white guys who were living corporate symbols!

Still more recently, J.C. Lee, in losing a suit against Pow! Entertainment over her father's image/likeness, has been fined a million m dollars (" Fined " wasn't the word used(.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service