Star Trek: Discovery arrives Sept. 24.

Views: 704

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

New Star Trek novel will explore what the Enterprise was up to in Discovery's first season.

....and Captain Pike and the Enterpise will be a big part of season 2.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

New Star Trek novel will explore what the Enterprise was up to in Discovery's first season.

Watching the second episode of Season 2. Saru has misused the verb "comprises," and Tilly has used "weight" when she meant "mass." ARRGH!

Just finshed up episode 13 of Season 2. 

IMO this season has been even stronger than the first, with an interesting mythology that ties all the epiodes together and some really strong writing.  Anson Mount has been terrific as Captain Pike and I really like Ethan Peck's take on Spock.  The show has consistently tied in to established continuity without being handcuffed by it.  Looking forward to the finale next week.

I'll re-join the conversation this fall when season two is out on DVD.

One of my co-workers watches it, and she does not like the new Spock.

(That's one for, one against.)

Jeff of Earth-J said:

I'll re-join the conversation this fall when season two is out on DVD.

One of my co-workers watches it, and she does not like the new Spock.

(That's one for, one against.)

Ha! It's definitely a departure from the Nimoy version.

I'm eager to see this, too, but we're waiting for one of those free weeks CBS All Access periodically offers, where we'll binge the whole thing. We're waiting until 1) the second season is available in total, and 2) when Joan has the time to watch two whole seasons of a TV show in a week.

I don't mind spoilers, so I do read the thread! I don't understand much, though.

Maybe the thread title should be shortened to take out the words "season 1?"

I was just thinking the same thing.

Done.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service