Replies

• I liked him as the voice of Booster on the Buzz Lightyear cartoon.

• I knew him from Animal House, but my childhood soft spot is Midnight Madness. I must have watched that movie 50 times. It was a frequent flyer on HBO when I was a kid. My sisters and I watched it every time it came on--so much so that one of them gave me the DVD for Christmas one year. Rest in peace!

• He was the bad guy in that film.

Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man said:

I knew him from Animal House, but my childhood soft spot is Midnight Madness. I must have watched that movie 50 times. It was a frequent flyer on HBO when I was a kid. My sisters and I watched it every time it came on--so much so that one of them gave me the DVD for Christmas one year. Rest in peace!

• I remember Stephen Furst best from St. Elsewhere, as Dr. Elliot Axelrod. He was kind of a sad sack who didn't really have any friends except for Dr. Fiscus. And Dr. Axelrod came to a sad end: He had a heart attack. Being in a hospital, they worked on him, of course, but I well recall his last appearance, when he had a nightmare and got up from his hospital bed, pulling out all the tubes and wires just before the closing credits rolled. The next episode, Fiscus is in the morgue. He opens a drawer and says, "Goodbye, Elliot."

• Man, I really need to watch St. Elsewhere again. I loved that show.

• Until ER came along, St. Elsewhere was the best medical show ever.

This reply was deleted.