Horrible news: Preacher, Punisher, and Judge Dredd* artist Steve Dillon has died. I always loved his art -- he had a way of drawing the reader right into the scene and keeping emotions at the forefront. I'm so sorry to hear that he's passed.

*among many other things, of course.

Views: 254

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, no! He was actively drawing Punisher again for Marvel, too!

Really shocked by this news. At least he got to see Preacher as a TV show, after being in development forever.

Man, this one sucks. He  had one of the most expressive styles of all time. I always felt he was a bit underrated. A great for sure.

Sad news he was far too young.

He actually used to drink in my local pub,where he was known as new bloke.

The bizarre thing is even though I am a fan I've probably stood next to him at the bar a 100 times and never realised who it was,in fact only just found out.

Only 54, far too young.  Very talented and underrated.  I loved the facial expressions he gave the characters he drew.

I often bought comics simply because he was the artist.  He was great with dark humor, like Punisher MAX; but, could do any genre considering all of his British comics work and that for DC and Marvel.

Such a loss at such at early age.

54 years old. Such a waste. So sad.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Jeff of Earth-J replied to Emerkeith Davyjack's discussion All-purpose newspaper strips discussion
"Mom of Earth-J reads the Sunday funnies to Jeff of Earth-J, May 1967 (above)."
6 minutes ago
Tracy of Moon-T replied to Emerkeith Davyjack's discussion All-purpose newspaper strips discussion
7 minutes ago
Peter Wrexham replied to The Baron's discussion The List of 756 Super-Heroines
"The Maid is another heroine appearing in Top 10: The Forty-Niners."
30 minutes ago
Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"The first and Second issues of NoMan; alas, the first and last issues as well. 1966 This cover…"
46 minutes ago
doc photo replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"My wife and I attended the same Fathom double feature in our area and I agree wholeheartedly on the…"
1 hour ago
Philip Portelli replied to The Baron's discussion The List of 756 Super-Heroines
"Chameleon Girl (Yera Allon)"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to ClarkKent_DC's discussion The New Season (2022)
"I was also going to mention, about CSI: Vegas, its characters professionalism. Almost the entire…"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to The Baron's discussion The List of 756 Super-Heroines
"Are we not supposed to do it that way? I can only think of one thing at a time."
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Captain Comics's discussion Comics Guide: Oct. 3-10, 2022
""All roads lead to COLD WAR, a new CAPTAIN AMERICA event kicking off in Spring…"
2 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"I'll snag this one before someone else does. "Complete Your Collection special!"…"
2 hours ago
JD DeLuzio replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"That sounds great! I've seen the 1925 Phantom of the Opera on the big screen, complete with…"
2 hours ago
Peter Wrexham replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"One of my favourite limited series from the 1980s."
5 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service