Just started binge watching Stranger Things this morning. Very entertaining 80s tinged sci-fi in a small town. Pretty similar to JJ Abrams Super 8 movie from a few years ago.  Anyone else watching this?

Views: 802

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I do remember that a couple of times Elle triggered his memories of his daughter. It could be a memorial, but I'd prefer to see her again.

Daily Beast posted an interview with the guy who plays Hopper. Here's what he said about some of the questions we were kicking around:

There’s also the moment at the end where you leave the Eggo waffles in the woods. Is there more to that story as well?

I was obviously very interested in that moment. And we talked a little bit about what was going on there. Basically, Hopper’s story at the end of the piece—after the hospital, he gets into this car, which presumably has to do with the Hawkins lab people, and then we time-cut a month later to when he’s leaving the Eggo waffles. So the deal that he made with Dr. Brenner to go into the rift to go find Will and then getting in the car and telling Joyce, “Whatever happened here, erase it from your memory.” Whatever’s going on with the lab, Hopper’s involved a little more deeply than we realize. And part of that may be that he has some sort of understanding of this upside down world that other people don’t have. And in that way, he may understand that Eleven exists in some form. And so he’s got this box out in the woods where he gives her food. But again, these are all questions that we will start to explore when we see where season two takes us.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service