What's your opinion of subtitled movies and TV shows , anyway ?

As I mentioned , a subbe'd movie was one of the movies I saw recently...Some people have absolute " No ! I EILL NOT watch subtitles ! " reactions to them , I obviously , don't , but I can see the some of the stated objections...There's often , I guess , a " purist " , ummm...populist?? split between those who perfer subtitles and those who would like dubbing...

Views: 195

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I will sometimes use it when there's a character speaking English, but has a thick accent. It's a big help!

I've done that before.

Lumbering Jack said:

I will sometimes use it when there's a character speaking English, but has a thick accent. It's a big help!

Those are some good ones. About a year ago I watch M which is a 1931 film starring Peter Lorre. It's subtitled and still holds up today.

George said:
Look for any movie where the director is named Bergman, Fellini, Truffaut, Kurosawa, Renoir, Bunuel or Godard. They're almost all subtitled and a lot of them are in black & white. Don't let that scare you. Dive in!No
M is indeed an excellent picture.  Also, I recommend anything by Akira Kurosawa.
I've been known to do that as well.

Travis Herrick said:
I've done that before.

Lumbering Jack said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service