Replies

• The first episode of season 2 is on Monday October 10 on the CW network.

superman photo supes.gif   Important: those of you who recorded the show on CBS last season need to verify that the change of network doesn't prevent your recording device from recording season 2.

• ....SPOILERS.....I like one scene in National City where Superman protects a young couple with their young son from a hail of bullets!  As soon as Superman leaves the dad says we got to get back to Gotham!  Is this the Thomas Wayne family with the young Bruce Wayne?

• ....SPOILERS....I also like the scene where Clark Kent shows up at Catco with Kara. Cat Grant gets all excited and acts like a high school girl around Clark. She evidently likes Clark a lot!

• ....SPOILERS.... I also liked the scene where Clark is talking on the phone to Perry White! Clark mentions to Perry that he says "Great Caesars Ghost" a lot!  I know that this was a salute to all of the silver age fans who knows this was in the comics at that time!  What I was surprised over was that they were saying that in this version of Superman that Perry White still says that phrase!  I have not kept up with Superman in the comics books today but I do not think that Perry White says that phase anymore?  Anyway I really liked that scene and that remark which throws us back to the silver age!

• ...SPOILERS....There is a scene that Superman is telling Hank Hensaw that he would have no dealings with the DEO due to them holding onto Kryptonite (for experiments?)  One can tell that Superman and Hank were cold to each other!  Is this also true in the current Superman comics?

• I don't think we have to put a spoilers alert on our comments. It's in the title of the thread so everyone who isn't up-to-date should already be aware.

• I'm really happy with the handling of Superman/Clark. This is the way they should have handled the current movie version. Tyler Hoechlin was good casting.

Cat Grant's handling was also very good. She transitioned into pronouncing Kara's name correctly in the middle of their discussion. Glad they worked it out so that Calista Flockhart was able to stay on the show.

Kara dumping Jimmy and the introduction of the new, "always was" DEO headquarters were both kind of jarring and IMO shouldn't have been forced into the same episode.

Looking forward to Metallo, one of my oldest "friends."

• Supergirl had the best season opener of any show since TWD season six!

Regarding the family Superman saved, I don’t think that was intended to be the Waynes. I think the joke is that they think Gotham City is safer than National city.

I don’t know whether or not Perry White still says “Great Caesar’s Ghost!” but it’s better than “Great shades of Elvis!”

Hank Henshaw indicated that the DEO is holding the Krytonite as defense against other, criminal, Kryptonians.

• ...Sorry I wasn't sure since I do not post very often on any comic type forums except for this one!  So if Spoiler is not in the title of the thread then it is proper procedure to announce "Spoiler"??

Richard Willis said:

I don't think we have to put a spoilers alert on our comments. It's in the title of the thread so everyone who isn't up-to-date should already be aware.

• "So if Spoiler is not in the title of the thread then it is proper procedure to announce 'Spoiler'??"

Yes, I'd say that's a good rule of thumb. If the discussion is clearly labeled "Spoiler" (as most of our TV series discussions are), participants know they're taking their chances if they haven't seen the latest episode. Knowing that some people ocasionally fall behind, I will often label the first post about a new episode "Oct 10 Episode" or something like that (but that's just me).

This reply was deleted.