PRESS RELEASE
 
DC CHARACTERS TO VISIT NATIONAL CITY FOR SEASON THREE OF SUPERGIRL
 
Executive Producers and Cast Introduce New Characters at Saturday’s Comic-Con Panel
 
Adrian Pasdar (Heroes), Carl Lumbly (Alias), Yael Grobglas (Jane the Virgin) and Emma Tremblay (Elysium) Join for Season 3
 
BURBANK, Calif. (July 22, 2017) — “A Martian, two villains and a young lady walk into a bar in National City…” Although it sounds like the setup for a Comic-Con–inspired joke, it’s actually the latest casting news from Supergirl’s panel Saturday, July 22. Fans not only learned more about the emerging threat from DC Worldkiller Reign (Odette Annable), but also were introduced to a few more characters poised to cross paths with Supergirl in season three.
 
Adrian Pasdar (top) will play Morgan Edge, above. Art copyright DC Entertainment Inc.
Adrian Pasdar (Heroes, Colony, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) will play the charismatic capitalist Morgan Edge, a ruthless real estate developer who will stop at nothing to get what he wants (and what he feels he deserves). The DC villain’s big plans for National City instantly put him at odds with Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and Lena Luthor (Katie McGrath).
 
Carl Lumbly (top) will play M'yrnn J'onzz. Art copyright DC Entertainment Inc.
Carl Lumbly (Alias, Southland, The Cure for Wellness) embodies the classic DC character M’yrnn J’onzz, the father of J’onn J’onnz, the Martian Manhunter (David Harewood). A pacifist religious leader on Mars, M’yrn pushes his son in unexpected ways. Actor Lumbly is no stranger to the J’onzz family, as he’s voiced the Martian Manhunter on the Justice League animated series.
 
Yael Grobglas
Yael Grobglas (Jane the Virgin, Reign) portrays DC character Psi, a psychic villain who uses people’s own minds against them. Psi’s agenda puts her on Supergirl’s radar, and their meeting will affect the Girl of Steel in surprising ways.
 
Emma Tremblay
Emma Tremblay (Elysium, The Judge, The Giver, Wayward Pines) plays Ruby, a smart, independently minded National City kid who’s fascinated by Supergirl and ends up in jeopardy because of it.
 
Supergirl returns for its third season Monday, October 9, at 8/7c on The CW. Based on the DC characters created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, the series is executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg, Sarah Schechter, Robert Rovner and Jessica Queller. Supergirl is produced by Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television.

Views: 750

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Actually 13 days (sorry).

Captain Comics said:

Six more days of anticipation!

Even better! That gives me more time to lose weight so I can fit in my Supergirl outfit!

Wait. Let's just agree to never mention this conversation again.

What about your Cosmic Boy outfit?  (Yes, that one.)

Which one do you usually wear for viewing?

Captain Comics said:

Even better! That gives me more time to lose weight so I can fit in my Supergirl outfit!

Wait. Let's just agree to never mention this conversation again.

Oh my.

I can't ever unsee that.

Somebody get me some coals or a hot poker.

Second-from-the-left Cap is quite fetching.

I am troubled.

Supergirl returns with new episodes on Monday (really this time).

The latest Supergirl episode had Winn Schott commenting that Superman had killed Zod. Up until now I don't think they had any reference to the DC movie-verse. This kinda complicates things. Is this a different Earth that also has Superman killing Zod? If it's the same Earth, then the Justice League characters in the movie exist on the same Earth as Supergirl. So both Earths have a Barry Allen Flash, of two different ages and temperaments. Could we have the Martian Manhunter in the JLA? Is Warner Bros trying to integrate the TV and movie universes, or is this just a mistake in the dialogue?

Richard Willis said:

The latest Supergirl episode had Winn Schott commenting that Superman had killed Zod. Up until now I don't think they had any reference to the DC movie-verse. This kinda complicates things. Is this a different Earth that also has Superman killing Zod? If it's the same Earth, then the Justice League characters in the movie exist on the same Earth as Supergirl. So both Earths have a Barry Allen Flash, of two different ages and temperaments. Could we have the Martian Manhunter in the JLA? Is Warner Bros trying to integrate the TV and movie universes, or is this just a mistake in the dialogue?

I'd chalk it up to a mistake in the dialogue. Even if it wasn't, they've made it pretty clear that the movies are their own thing, and the TV shows are different. They've never wanted to integrate the two, and I don't believe they're going to start now.

After all, in the movies, Jimmy Olsen is dead (and he was a White guy); on TV, he's alive (and he's Black).

As some wag here has already pointed out, Jimmy Olsen exists on Supergirl, but he's changed his name to Winn Schott.

And Mal Duncan has changed his name to Jimmy Olsen.

Captain Comics said:

As some wag here has already pointed out, Jimmy Olsen exists on Supergirl, but he's changed his name to Winn Schott.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service