http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118033944

Daredevil returning with Slade, director of Total Eclipse.

Views: 158

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Joseph Gordon-Levitt will portray Alberto Falcone in The Dark Knight Rises.

Interesting choice. Totally a different direction than what was being speculated. I like it though. Long Halloween is one of my favorite comic book stories, ever.
Doc Beechler said:
Joseph Gordon-Levitt will portray Alberto Falcone in The Dark Knight Rises.

What is everyone's o-pin-yun on Nolan's Bat films? I've read some comments that his work really isn't all that original and in some cases, is totally off. Yet box-office revenue doesn't lie so he must doing something right.

I've enjoyed his films but I enjoy them as yet another modernization of the classic story, re-telling the tale for a new generation. I think he's straying close to Raimi territory by having too many villains in the upcoming film. Doing so splits your focus and makes it hard to give ample screen time to all your villains so the audience can either root for, against, or sympathize with them. DK works because of the obvious focus on Joker and Dent's behaviour/actions were built upon before becoming Two-Face. But should risk it again?

I don't think having multiple villains in any given movie is bad, in and of itself.

Telling multiple origin stories for those villains, however, is, in and of itself, bad (see Batman Returns). One thing the Superman movies did right: They spent not one second of time on an origin for Lex Luthor.

"Land."

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! Comics and Games for Everyone!

I used to listen to WOXY.com; It was the future of rock-n-roll! RIP WOXY

Dagwan said:
"Land."

Okay, one second.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service