Whilst hunting thru the internet looking for comic covers to post relating to the letter "K", I came across this extremely interesting posting about the actual date of Superman's birthday. I'd always assumed (foolishly, it now seems) that Superman was born on the Kryptonian equivalent of February 29th, but this article sets out to prove that that is just one date among many that could lay claim to being the Man of Steel's birthdate.

https://dcmultiversehistorian.wordpress.com/2015/11/24/when-is-supe...

I'm sure this subject has already been covered elsewhere on this site but at the risk of repetition I'd like to flag this article.

Views: 196

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's got nothing to do with physics. How does Superman fly? It's like MAGIC! What's he vulnerable to? MAGIC! What gave Comet his powers, which are just like Superman's powers? MAGIC! How did Supergirl get repowered after Lesla-Lar removed her powers? MAGIC! The crazy effects of red k are like MAGIC!

Clearly Kryptonians are powered by MAGIC. Q-energy is a form of MAGIC. Kryptonite is the only substance from Krypton that doesn't become indestructible under an Earth-type sun because it radiates, instead of retaining, its MAGIC.

Daxamites are vulnerable to lead because it drains their MAGIC. Some of Earth's magical beings are similarly vulnerable to iron. How can the Bizarros appear to live, think and love, if they're unliving? They're MAGICal simulacra.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service