"Truth, Justice and the American Way" is being officially replaced by "Truth, Justice and a Better Tomorrow", and I'm liking it.  

Superman's motto gets a modern update: 'Truth, Justice and a Better Tomorrow' - CNN

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• "Superman's official motto has been changed after more than 80 years"

Well, not exactly... more like seven months. The most recent time was earlier this year:

8697088900?profile=RESIZE_710x

The phrase "Truth, Tolerance, and Justice" is actually a tribute to the 1948 Superman film serial. Here are some other changes from over the years...

"Truth and Justice" - Max Fleisher cartoons

"Truth, Justice and the American Way" - Radio and television show.

"Truth, Justice and Peace for all Mankind" - Superfriends

"Truth, Justice and Freedom" - The New Adventures of Superman

"Truth, Justice... and all that other stuff" - Superman Returns (2006) - That one kicked up a stink!

• About time.  Superman is an alien and I always pictured him as above any form of nationalisms.

This new motto is by far the best, most fitting ever.

• "Truth, Justice and Freedom" is the one that sings with me. But "Truth, Justice and a Better Tomorrow" ain't bad.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

"Superman's official motto has been changed after more than 80 years"

Well, not exactly... more like seven months. The most recent time was earlier this year:

8697088900?profile=RESIZE_710x

The phrase "Truth, Tolerance, and Justice" is actually a tribute to the 1948 Superman film serial. Here are some other changes from over the years...

"Truth and Justice" - Max Fleisher cartoons

"Truth, Justice and the American Way" - Radio and television show.

"Truth, Justice and Peace for all Mankind" - Superfriends

"Truth, Justice and Freedom" - The New Adventures of Superman

"Truth, Justice... and all that other stuff" - Superman Returns (2006) - That one kicked up a stink!

• Then there's this take (copied from Tony Isabella, who copied it from somewhere else):

245921508_10223538439183020_1190108186133990356_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_rgb565=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=bjfTbiMFDbEAX_NwkIU&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=d73db22290ebe12bd410b71fcce82218&oe=6191E831&profile=RESIZE_710x

• Jeff of Earth-J said:

This seems as good of a place as any to post a link to Amber Ruffin's take on the new Superman coming out.

I meant "coming out as bi", not a new Superman movie.

• Loved that Ruffin video, and I really like that new slogan, too.

• "Truth, Justice and a Better Tomorrow" works for me, as does the Ruffin video.

This reply was deleted.