INTRIGUE, ADVENTURE AND DECEPTION TEST THE BONDS OF DC SUPER HEROES AS WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT RELEASES TEEN TITANS: THE JUDAS CONTRACT ON BLU-RAY TM DELUXE GIFT SET, BLU-RAY TM COMBO PACK, DVD AND DIGITAL HD APRIL 18, 2017

Highly-Anticipated DC Universe Original Movie Featuring Never-Before-Seen Bonus Content; Deluxe Giftset includes Exclusive Blue Beetle Figurine

BURBANK, CA (February 16, 2016) — Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment bring one of the most momentous Teen Titans plotlines in comics history to animated life with the all-new, feature-length film Teen Titans: The Judas Contract. Inspired by the 1984 DC story arc from Marv Wolfman and George Pérez, Teen Titans: The Judas Contract will be distributed by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment on April 18, 2017.

The landmark Teen Titans story will be available on Blu-ray™ Deluxe Giftset ($39.99 SRP), Blu-ray™ Combo Pack ($24.98 SRP) and DVD ($19.98 SRP) starting April 18, 2017.  The Blu-rayTM Combo Pack includes the movie in high definition on Blu-ray Disc, a DVD, and a digital version of the movie on Digital HD with UltraViolet*. The Blu-ray™ Deluxe Edition will include all components of the Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, along with an exclusive figurine of Blue Beetle in a numbered, limited edition gift set. Teen Titans: The Judas Contract will be released via Digital HD on April 4, 2017.

Led by Starfire, the Teen Titans – Beast Boy, Raven, Blue Beetle, Robin and the just-returned Nightwing – have built a cohesive team in their never-ending battle against evil; but their newest teammate, the mysterious and powerful Terra, may be altering that dynamic. Meanwhile, an ancient evil, Brother Blood, has awakened, and familiar foe Deathstroke is lurking in the shadows – both waiting to pounce. Ultimately, the Teen Titans will need to battle their enemies and their own doubts to unite and overcome the malicious forces around them in this twisting tale of intrigue, adventure and deception.

Christina Ricci (Zelda, Sleepy Hollow, The Addams Family) and the late Miguel Ferrer (NCIS: Los Angeles, RoboCop, Crossing Jordan) join the already established Teen Titans voice cast as Terra and Deathstroke, respectively. Returning Titans actors include Sean Maher (Firefly/Serenity, Batman: Bad Blood) as Nightwing, Taissa Farmiga (American Horror Story) as Raven, Jake T. Austin (Wizards of Waverly Place, The Fosters) as Blue Beetle, Brandon Soo Hoo (Tropic Thunder, From Dusk Til Dawn: The Series) as Beast Boy, Kari Wahlgren (Phineas and Ferb, Legion of Superheroes) as Starfire, and Stuart Allan (Batman vs. Robin, Batman: Bad Blood) as Robin/Damian. Gregg Henry (Scandal, The Killing, Payback) voices the villainous Brother Blood.

The voice cast also includes Maria Canals-Barrera (Wizards of Waverly Place) as Jaime’s mother, Meg Foster (They Live) as Mother Mayhem, Crispin Freeman (Justice League Action, Batman: Arkham games) as Speedy,  Masasa Moyo (Young Justice) as Bumblebee, David Zayas (Gotham, Dexter) as Jaime’s father, Jason Spisak (Young Justice) as Kid Flash, and Kevin Smith (Clerks, Geeking Out) as … himself.

Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment, Teen Titans: The Judas Contract is directed by Sam Liu (Batman: The Killing Joke) from a screenplay by Ernie Altbacker (Justice League Dark). Sam Register is Executive Producer; James Tucker (Batman Bad Blood, Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders) is Supervising Producer; and Alan Burnett (Justice League vs. Teen Titans) is co-Producer.

“Teen Titans: The Judas Contract pays homage to one of the truly legendary story arcs in DC’s Teen Titan series, one that fans have been requesting for years, so we are excited to release a film that should surpass their expectations,” said Mary Ellen Thomas, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Vice President, Family & Animation Marketing. “We are thrilled to deliver this complex and exhilarating story that tests the bonds between all members of the Teen Titans to both longstanding and new fans of all generations.”

Teen Titans: The Judas Contract Enhanced Content

Blu-ray™ Deluxe Giftset, Blu-ray™ Combo Pack & Digital HD

• Sneak Peek - Batman and Harley Quinn: Sneak peek at the next DC Universe Original Movie, featuring the talented creators and voice cast.

• Featurette - Titanic Minds: Wolfman and Perez: This revealing documentary explores a creative partnership that has lasted decades as Marv Wolfman and George Pérez come together to discuss their careers and one of the most famous runs in Teen Titan history, The Judas Contract.

• Featurette - Villains United—Deathstroke: When the super-soldier Deathstroke appears, the forces of good will be in the fight of their lives. This short featurette reveals the origin and unique abilities of this villain.

• Additional Sneak Peeks

• From the DC Comics Vault - Two Bonus Cartoons (Blu-ray™ Deluxe Giftset and Blu-ray™ Combo Pack only)

DVD

• Sneak Peek - Batman and Harley Quinn:  Sneak peek at the next DC Universe Original Movie, featuring the talented creators and voice cast.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm sure trademark/copyright availability plays a part in who was selected to be the Teen Titans in this movie, but it sure is odd to see this grouping, given that the Judas Contract is so familiar to most of us and we remember it taking place during the classic New Teen Titans era.

Here they replace Kid Flash, Cyborg and Wonder Girl with Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes) and Nightwing. And instead of Dick Grayson as Robin they have Damian Wayne. Robin and Nightwing on the team at the same time? Yep, even though Robin doesn't make a cover appearance.

Kid Flash apparently has a part, as do Bumblebee and Speedy. But they're not on the team.

• "Led by Starfire, " seemed odd enough!

• Especially with two Robins on the team!

• This seems so different to the original product - might we see a 'comicbook adaptation' following it?

• Based on true fictional events!

• Also -- and this only barely germane -- I have an attitude toward certain long-running teams, that they have to have a certain core group to "be" that team for me.

Any team that calls itself "Teen Titans" has to have a Robin, a Wonder Girl and a Kid Flash on it, or it is some other team. "The Young Heroes" or something. But not "Teen Titans."

Similarly, a team calling itself Avengers needs to have Thor, Iron Man and Captain America or it's not the Avengers. A Justice League without Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman isn't the Justice League.

I do accept some substitution. On Avengers, for example, if I can't have the core trio of the founders, then I can accept Captain America leading some second-generation characters like Vision, Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch. But I have to have Captain America, or it's a bunch of pretenders.

Similarly, I can be flexible on Teen Titans as long as you have a Robin, and Justice League as long as you have Superman. Those are the faces of those team, and without those faces, it's Jethro Tull without Ian Anderson. i.e., NOT Jethro Tull. If George and Ringo had hired two guitarists and called themselves The Beatles in 1971, would anyone have accepted them as The Beatles? Similarly, when the day comes when Mick Jagger and Keith Richards aren't available, the Rolling Stones is over -- no matter how many other bandmates, former bandmates or hangers-on you drag into the group, it's not the Rolling Stones any more.

I'm sure not everyone feels this way, or maybe do feel that way, but have different characters as their "must haves."

• I TOTALLY agree with that Captain,

It's why I can't get involved in the new 'everyone's a replacement version' of the Avengers and I'm looking forward to the trade of Mark Waid's Kooky Quartet new/old days.

• Many of us remember that when the JLA started in the early Silver Age, Batman and Superman were members who were too busy to participate.

• I came to the Teen Titan's when Raven formed the team, and the Avengers in the mid-1970's.  I think the only team I have the core concept for is the Fantastic Four, first comic I ever read or collected.  The Teen Titan's have had multiple incarnations on the tv so I don't really have a problem with this.  Can't afford it, but don't have a problem with it.

• To me, there's a difference between mixing and matching various characters in a team's line-up in a relaunch or an adaptation to different media (some characters work better in live action than others, and certainly, SFX budget concerns have to be taken into account), and adapting what many consider to be landmark comic book stories with different casts.  To many, the Judas Contract is "the" Wolfman & Perez Titans' story, and it just seems weird, if not wrong, to tell it with different characters.  Imagine making a video based on the Galactus Trilogy, only starring the Spider-Man, Ghost Rider, Hulk & Wolverine incarnation of the FF--while it could be an interesting story, there's no way it could be "The" Galactus Trilogy.

This reply was deleted.