Well, someone has to start it...

I really liked issue 1. For one thing, I wasn't in the dark after missing the Free Comic Book Day issue (I thought they'd have reprinted that by now!). For another, I liked that while it's Green Lantern-centric, for now, at least, it doesn't require me to know the ins and outs of all the different Corps, because I just don't. I quite reading GL when the Sinestro Corps War started, and planned to but the trade paperbacks by now, but haven't yet. (Heck, vol2 just came out, didn't it?)

So as someone who *knows* the DCU, but isn't exactly in tune with some recent events, I had no problem understanding it. Bitey Guardians? I'm down with that.

My favorite scene has got to be the one in which Hal shows Barry all the heroes who've died in the time between him dying and coming back. I *loved* his reaction to Ronnie -- being the junior member of the league when he was on it, Ronnie was probably the closest person to Wally's age he fought with. He's a kid they took under their wing, and now he's gone. And then seeing Ralph and Sue... but of course, that's setting up a later scene down the line.

The one thing that bugged me was the crypt of dead supervillains the JLA has under their HQ. I don't care if it makes them easier to guard, it's just ghoulish and wrong. Why the hell would anyone want the Fiddler's body? Just guard his &%#@ fiddle, for Pete's sake!

Views: 223

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, issue 4's out -- there's another character that I hate to see go, yet is minor enough that it's possible he'll stay gone. (I get the feeling he won't, though.)

One question: Is this happening before the current JSA issues? Because Mr. Terrific is dead in those, right, and he's hale and hearty here. But (not having read them) I have a feeling that the character killed here appears in the Willingham/Sturges run. So, unless a mistake was made, one of 'ems gotta be coming back.

My money's on Mr. T. He's become a real mainstay of the DCU... and is simply to cool of a character to stay down for long.
Mr. Terrific died in JSA, but with the help pf Dr. Fate and Green Lantern he has been kept as if he had only died a minute ago even if hours has passed from his death, that way they hope to find a way to bring him back to life, I'll guess they eventually will so Blackest Night could be happening either after or before the current JSA comics, I guess it makes no diference.

Rob Staeger said:
Well, issue 4's out -- there's another character that I hate to see go, yet is minor enough that it's possible he'll stay gone. (I get the feeling he won't, though.)

One question: Is this happening before the current JSA issues? Because Mr. Terrific is dead in those, right, and he's hale and hearty here. But (not having read them) I have a feeling that the character killed here appears in the Willingham/Sturges run. So, unless a mistake was made, one of 'ems gotta be coming back.

My money's on Mr. T. He's become a real mainstay of the DCU... and is simply to cool of a character to stay down for long.
Thanks, Francisco!

And from the preview of JSA All-Stars, it looks like the other dead character will be back as well.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service