Discuss all things music here!

If you're stuck in 1997 like me, the new Third Eye Blind cd came out today. It's available for download on Amazon.com for $3.99.
http://www.amazon.com/Ursa-Major/dp/B002LFRXFC/ref=dm_cd_album_lnk?..."

If you're a fan of the band, this is not a bad album. It's more than worth $3.99.

Views: 4037

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I bought that George Harrison greatest hits package recently, too. Thanks for reminding me!

I also bought Paul Mc Cartney's latest.

I also bought John Fogerty's The Blue Ridge Rangers Rides Again, a follow-up to The Blue Ridge Rangers in which he (mostly) covers other artists' songs in a hybrid CCR/bluegrass style. Don Henley & Timothy B. Schmidt and Bruce Springsteen also guest on two tracks.
I've been meaning to write a review of "Nightcastle" by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, but haven't been motivated to do so.

Speaking of Paul and George, I saw Ringo yesterday on "The Daily Show" and will likely buy his new album in a day or so.
Ringo was on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon a couple of days ago, but these tired old bones couldn't stay up that late. I'll have to check that out on Amazon or iTunes, along with the John Fogerty album. I liked the original Blue Ridge Rangers album quite a bit.
Sad news on the wires today: the death of Memphis music legend Alex Chilton (the Box Tops, Big Star), one of the most influential -- if little known to the general public -- rock musicians of the last 40 years.

Still after months and months I am still really digging The Like and their album Release Me. Really good music, its like a 60s girl band.

Plus how can you not love this?

Plus how can you not love this?

I honestly don't know.
Being the die hard Foo Fighters fan I am, I bought their newest album, Waisting Light, on Tuesday when it was released. I could have downloaded it on iTunes  but I own all their other albums in CD format and wanted to add to the collection. This is a great album. I love all their albums but this one may be my second favorite. My favorite is their second, The Colour and the Shape. This is the follow up myself and I think many other fans have been waiting for. The other albums promised a hard rock sound and only partially followed through. This entire album is a hard rocking good time. It still has the fun/light Foo sounds, just louder! What makes this album great to me is that it was recorded on analog equipment in leader singer Dave Grohl's garage. Since it was recorded with analog, there was no room for error. Unlike digital you can't go back and make something sound better. This forces the band members to play it perfect. You can really get the since that their really putting their all in this. Another thing that makes this great is that their first guitarist, Pat Smear, is back with the band. Now they have 3 guitarist, sounds like a lot right? Well it works here. Well that's enough of me preaching the gospel of Foo. It's worth a listen for sure if you've ever enjoyed the band.
I finally picked the new Foo Fighters album up last week on Amazon ($3.99 digital download special). I haven't given it my full attention yet, but I've liked what I've heard so far. This only the second album of theirs I actually own. The other being There Is Nothing Left To Lose (with my favorite Foo song "Generator"). A friend of mine is a big fan, so I get my fill with him.

Jason Marconnet said:
Being the die hard Foo Fighters fan I am, I bought their newest album, Waisting Light, on Tuesday when it was released. I could have downloaded it on iTunes  but I own all their other albums in CD format and wanted to add to the collection. This is a great album. I love all their albums but this one may be my second favorite. My favorite is their second, The Colour and the Shape. This is the follow up myself and I think many other fans have been waiting for. The other albums promised a hard rock sound and only partially followed through. This entire album is a hard rocking good time. It still has the fun/light Foo sounds, just louder! What makes this album great to me is that it was recorded on analog equipment in leader singer Dave Grohl's garage. Since it was recorded with analog, there was no room for error. Unlike digital you can't go back and make something sound better. This forces the band members to play it perfect. You can really get the since that their really putting their all in this. Another thing that makes this great is that their first guitarist, Pat Smear, is back with the band. Now they have 3 guitarist, sounds like a lot right? Well it works here. Well that's enough of me preaching the gospel of Foo. It's worth a listen for sure if you've ever enjoyed the band.
I downloaded it a while ago and have been listening to it in my car. I love it!
There is certain music I listen to only at certain times of the year. (There is also music I listen to only at certain times of day, but we need not go into that at this time.) There’s lots of music I associate with summer, but only four or five albums I must listen to when it’s really, really hot. Even the Beach Boys don’t make it past the 100 degree mark. Today is our 38th day of 100+ degree temperature, and here (in no particular order) are the albums I’ve been listening to:

ZZ Top Greatest Hits
Any decent collection of Surf Guitar
Born in the USA by Bruce Springsteen
Centerfield by John Fogerty
Exile on Main Street by The Rolling Stones*

*But the relative humidity must also be near 100%

I’d do a mix of individual songs for hot weather, but (as Cole Porter said) “It’s Too Darn Hot.”
Am I the last one to learn about Archive.org? If not they have archived a ton of texts, audio, images, and in particular to this thread all kind of concerts. I even found a concert by Grace Potter and the Nocturnals I went to last year on there. I could spend days on there.
I haven't heard of it. Sounds awesome!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service