Discuss all things music here!

If you're stuck in 1997 like me, the new Third Eye Blind cd came out today. It's available for download on Amazon.com for $3.99.
http://www.amazon.com/Ursa-Major/dp/B002LFRXFC/ref=dm_cd_album_lnk?..."

If you're a fan of the band, this is not a bad album. It's more than worth $3.99.

Views: 4823

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I didn't really start listening to the Stones (outside of the hits on the radio) until after I read Keith Richards'  autobiography. It was really good, and got me to start getting into the deeper cuts.

The Baron said:

Going Through My CD Collection:

Hot Rocks 1964-1971 - The Rolling Stones. A two-disc set. The Stones were my first favorite band, back in my college days. I still like to listen to them.

I didn't hear much rock-and-roll when I was a kid - the Old Man genuinely believed that it was part of a Communist plot to weaken Western moral fiber, so we were discouraged pretty forcefully from listening to it around the house when we was kids.  When I went away to school, the only radio station that would come in in the dorms was HJY out of Providence which played hard rock and some 60's stuff, so my first real exposure to rock-and-roll was the Stones, Van Halen, the Doors and like that.

When I was in my 30's, the Old Man happened to hear me listening to some CCR and said disdainfully, "Jungle music."  My reaction was, "'Jungle music'?  CCR?"

The Baron said:

When I was in my 30's, the Old Man happened to hear me listening to some CCR and said disdainfully, "Jungle music."  My reaction was, "'Jungle music'?  CCR?"

Must have been "Run Through The Jungle"

As I recall, it was "Susie Q".

well... - Katey Sagal. I bought this mostly because I had seen her on Married...With Children, but she's not a bad singer.

The Music of Raymond Scott - Great stuff - Carl Stalling used alot of it in the Warner Brothers cartoons.  My favorite track is "Powerhouse", or as I think of it, the "Bugs Bunny being chased through a factory by robots" music.

Best of Scottish Pipers and Drums Volume 1: Pipes & Drums of Scotland "Sans Peur" - Clan Sutherland Pipe Band

Best of Scottish Pipes and Drums Volume 2: Journey Through Scotland - Must be my Scottish ancestry, but I can listen to bagpipes endlessly.

The Baron said:

Best of Scottish Pipers and Drums Volume 1: Pipes & Drums of Scotland "Sans Peur" - Clan Sutherland Pipe Band

Best of Scottish Pipes and Drums Volume 2: Journey Through Scotland - Must be my Scottish ancestry, but I can listen to bagpipes endlessly.

Best of Scottish Pipes and Drums Volume 3 - Kinross and District Pipe Band. More bagpipes!

Slim Whitman's Greatest Hits

Nah, I'm just messing with all of you.

The Baron said:

The Baron said:

Best of Scottish Pipes and Drums Volume 3 - Kinross and District Pipe Band. More bagpipes!

Best of Scottis Pipes and Drums Volume 4 - Spirit of Scotland - Stonehaven Pipe Band (Grade One) - That's the last of these. Fun stuff.

Has Been  - William Shatner.  Fun stuff. He's not a great singer, but he's amusing,

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

JD DeLuzio replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Okay-- that's weird. I was sure I corrected the typos in my last post.  (Visual pun…"
7 minutes ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"A few weeks ago I picked up The Secret History of the War on Weed by Gerry Duggan, Brian Posehn,…"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"ISSUE #24 - "Roots" Alan Moore's description of the the Justice League (and their…"
1 hour ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Dark Shadows
"Both! Math is HARD."
2 hours ago
"ISSUE #23 - "Another Green World" A transitional issue as the POV shifts suddenly to the…"
2 hours ago
Gabriel Ramos is now a member of Captain Comics
2 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"People in comics are ALWAYS worried about secret identities."
3 hours ago
"ISSUE #22 - "Swamped" "I've also grown weary reading about clouds in a book.…"
4 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"It would take an even more horrific, ironic turn for Liz. "
4 hours ago
The Baron posted a discussion
5 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Captain Comics's discussion This Week in Comics: May 16-22, 2022
"You're welcome. Another "homage alert" also shipping this week:"
5 hours ago
"ISSUE #21 - "The Anatomy Lesson" Prior to the Absolute edition, my favorite version of…"
6 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service