Discuss all things music here!

If you're stuck in 1997 like me, the new Third Eye Blind cd came out today. It's available for download on Amazon.com for $3.99.
http://www.amazon.com/Ursa-Major/dp/B002LFRXFC/ref=dm_cd_album_lnk?..."

If you're a fan of the band, this is not a bad album. It's more than worth $3.99.

Views: 4636

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Going Through My CD Collection:

Fan Jams - A Collection of Stadium Fight Songs - Various artists.  From FOX Sports Radio. Another collection of the sort of music played between plays at ballgames. 

Most of these songs I've had my fill of at games, and never needed to own any of them.

The Baron said:

Fan Jams - A Collection of Stadium Fight Songs - Various artists.  From FOX Sports Radio. Another collection of the sort of music played between plays at ballgames. 

God Bless America - Various artists.  A collection that was done for the benefit of the Twin Towers Fund.  An interesting variety of music, including Dylan doing "Blowin' in the Wind", Sinatra doing "God Bless America" and Peter Seeger doing "This Land is Your Land"

Hayseed Dixie - A Hillbilly Tribute to AC/DC - Various AC/DC songs done in a "country" style. It works surprisingly well.

The Great Marches Vol. 1 - Lots of familiar ones here. "Stars and Stripes Forever", of course, and "The Liberty Bell" (which will always be associated with the Pythons, in my mind) and "Pomp and Circumstances" (which always brings to mind Randy "Macho Man" Savage").

The Great Marches Vol. II - This volume focuses more on European stuff. It includes Chopin's "Funeral March", and Gounod's "Funeral March for a Marionette", better known as the "Alfred Hitchcock Presents Theme".

Hayseed Dixie - A Hillbilly Tribute to AC/DC - Various AC/DC songs done in a "country" style. It works surprisingly well.

I haven't heard all of it, but from what I have heard, I agree it is pretty good.

We All Love Ennio Morricone -  Various artists.  A tribute  to his music. A mixed bag, some good stuff, some mediocre.

America: A Tribute to Heroes-  Various artists.  A two-disc set that was released in the wake of 9/11. Some good stuff.

The Concert for New York City -  Various artists.  Another two-disc set that was released in the wake of 9/11. Some good stuff.

20 Best of 50's Rock 'n' Roll -  Various artists.  Fun songs from the 1950's.

20 Best Hits of the 50's-  Various artists.  More fun songs from the 1950's.

Happy Days - 50's & 60's - A similar collection,  Nothing to do with the TV show, though I'm sure the name is meant to evoke a connection.

The Rock 'n' Roll Era - Keep On Rockin' - More of the same.

Casey Kasem Presents America's Top Ten 1970's Greatest Hits -  Various artists.  An OK collection. Interestingly, the only track that that I remember knowing in the 1970's was "School's Out" by Alice Cooper.

Pure 80's #1s -  Various artists.  The soundtrack of the brief period in time when I thought I was cool.  (I wasn't cool, but I thought I was!)

Sounds of the Eighties - Big 80's - More of the same.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service