Discuss all things music here!

If you're stuck in 1997 like me, the new Third Eye Blind cd came out today. It's available for download on Amazon.com for $3.99.
http://www.amazon.com/Ursa-Major/dp/B002LFRXFC/ref=dm_cd_album_lnk?..."

If you're a fan of the band, this is not a bad album. It's more than worth $3.99.

Views: 4698

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Going Through My CD Collection:

Celebration - Madonna.A two-disc "greatest hits" set.  All the Madonna you'll ever need! 

Mannheim Steamroller Meets the Mouse - They play some Disney tunes. Some good stuff.

American Spirit  - Mannheim Steamroller/C. W. McCall.  Various pro-America songs, and a cover of "Convoy".  Fun stuff.

Christmasville - Mannheim Steamroller.An OK Christmas-themed album.

Destroy All Astro-Men!! - Man...or Astro-Man?  Interesting, They sund sor tof like the soundtrakc of a 60's biker movie. This album has a cover of the MST3K theme.

Experiment Zero - Man or Astro-Man?  As the title suggests, this is a bit more "experimental" than the other album.

Salute to the Services - The Military Band - Concert Arts Symphonic Band.  Tunes associated witht e various US military services. Interesting stuff.

The Moog Cookbook Plays the Classic Hits - Some guys with a synthesizer play some songs you may have heard.

The Moog Cookbook - More of the above.

Sigh No More - Mumford & Sons. Interesting stuff.

I actually have that Mumford & Sons album. It is pretty good I think, but didn't quit live up to the hype I had heard about them.

Will the Circle Be Unbroken - The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. A two disc set, with lots of guest performers.  Good stuff.

Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Greatest Hits - More nice listenable music..

The Essential Ozzy Osbourne - A two disc set. I always wonder who decides which of a singer's works are "Essential" and by what criteria. 

The String Quartet Tribute to Black Sabbath - Fun stuff. I especially like their cover of "Paranoid".

Pavarotti - The Duets - Luciano Pavarotti. Kind of a mixed bag. My favorite track is probably his duet with Bryan Adams on "'O Sole Mio".

...In listening to several versions of " 'Deed I Do " on YT , came across a presumably 20s-30s singer-ukelele player called Johnny Marvin doing it with a verse ~ I never knew it had one !!!!!!!!!

So many of these pre-WWII pop songs were originally published & performed with verses that fell away over the years...

Followed by Ruth Etting , in 1936 , doing " It Had To be You " .

Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - Greatest Hits - A particualr favorite of mine, always liked their stuff.

Dark Side of the Moon -  Pink Floyd. OK stuff. You have to be in a certain mood to listen to Floyd, I think.

Longing in Their Hearts - Bonnie Raitt. One I don't listen to much, but still enjoyable.

Andre Rieu Radio City Music Hall Live in New York - Fun stuff.

Hot Rocks 1964-1971 - The Rolling Stones. A two-disc set. The Stones were my first favorite band, back in my college days. I still like to listen to them.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Publisher News

The Justice League comes to an end in 'Justice League' #75

Posted by Captain Comics on January 20, 2022 at 5:30pm 4 Comments

Joshua Williamson & Rafa Sandoval Team up to kill the team on April 19…

Continue

Groups

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service