Discuss all things music here!

If you're stuck in 1997 like me, the new Third Eye Blind cd came out today. It's available for download on Amazon.com for $3.99.
http://www.amazon.com/Ursa-Major/dp/B002LFRXFC/ref=dm_cd_album_lnk?..."

If you're a fan of the band, this is not a bad album. It's more than worth $3.99.

Views: 4637

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Which DVD was it?

The Baron said:

Going Through My CD Collection:

Godzilla x Mothra X Mechagodzilla - Tokyo S.O.S. -  Soundtrack.  This actually came as an unannounced bonus with a DVD I bought. An OK soundtrack, with two versions of "Mosura no Uta".

A Japanese DVD for the same picture. Alot of Japanese DVDs I have came with soundtrack CDs, for some reason.

Godzilla - Final Wars -  Another DVD bonus soundtrack.  The music is pretty unmistakably the work of Keith Emerson, with the usual Ifukube cues thrown in.

20th Century Time Capsule - A collection of songs and soundbites (mostly US-centric) from throughout the 20th Century.  My favorite track is "The Charleston", a lovely piece of music.

Songs from the Street - 35 Years of Music -  A three disc set of songs from Sesame Street. Alot of very good songs on this from  a wide range of musicians including Johnny Cash, Steven Tyler, B.B. King and Cab Calloway. 

Devil Without A Cause -  Kid Rock.  Not one I bought myself - a friend of mine burned a copy of it for me.  Some of it's not bad, but alot of it's a bit too profane and misogynistic ofr my tastes.

I'm not a big fan of his music, but as a musician he is awesome. I watched some show years ago (on MTV maybe?) in which he and his band were playing a song. His band left the stage, and Kid Rock then proceeded to do a solo on each instrument up there.  Very impressive.

The Baron said:

Devil Without A Cause -  Kid Rock.  Not one I bought myself - a friend of mine burned a copy of it for me.  Some of it's not bad, but alot of it's a bit too profane and misogynistic ofr my tastes.

Queen - Live At Wembley Stadium  -  Another one that a friend burned a copy of for me. A two disc set.I'm not a big fan of theirs, but it's a fun listen.

Freedom is a Hammer - Various artists. Yet another that someone made a copy of for me. A collection of conservative folk music from the 60's. Interesting as an historical curiosity.

Johnny Cash - The Legend - A fairly comprehensive four disc set of one of my favorite singers.  Good stuff.

Roy Orbison - The Soul of Rock and Roll - Another fairly comprehensive four disc set of one of my favorites. Very good stuff.

Save the Last Dance for Me  - Russ Columbo.  This is actually a remnant of my father's CD collection that I "inherited" after he died. Nice pleasant music from caveman times (i.e., the 1930's). The only song on it that I recognized was "All of Me", but it's nice stuff. 

Wasn't That a Time - The Weavers.  Another one from my father's collection. A four disc set of old folk music.  Funny, I never thought of the old man as "folkie".

After nearly 20 years I finally got a new copy of Tom Petty's Full Moon Fever. Amazon had it on sale.

The Masters' Voice - Noel Coward His HMV Recordings (1928 - 1953) - Another foru disc set from my father's collection. Not bad, but that upper-class British accent of his sounds very affected to me.

The Music of Disney - A Legacy in Song - A three disc set from my father's collection. An interesting collection of Disney musci from over the decades.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service