To help us appreciate comic book art I'd like to start a sort of forum game. Respond to this post with a "GIVE ME AN ARTIST!" message and I will will assign you a comic book artist.

RULES UPDATE! 

I'll list an artist and everyone who wants to join in can do so! When I list an artist, you have 24 hours to post an image before we move on to the next one. 

It doesn't matter if you don't know their work; just Google the artist and choose an image of the one you like most, and add it into this thread. Try not to repeat images someone else has posted.

I'll urge you to make comments about your post and others people have posted.

ARTISTS POSTED SO FAR:

• Mike Allred
  • June Brigman
  • John Bolton
  • Rich Buckler 
  • Ramona Fradon
  • Don Heck
  • Mikel Janin
  • Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez
  • Bob Layton
  • Steve Lightle
  • Ron Lim
  • David Lloyd
  • Tom Mandrake
  • Khoi Pham
  • Joe Stanton
  • Curt Swan
  • Lee Weeks

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Since I'm pulling this idea off of Facebook, I'll start with the artist I was assigned ... Steve Lightle.

1936173303?profile=original

I've always been a fan of Lightle, although he never seemed to hold a long-running title of his own. Instead he served as an incredibly competent fill-in artist and cover artist. 

I also remember he did a few advertising pieces for Marvel over the years.

He's one of those guys who always impresses me enough to go back to the front and double check "Who is this awesome artist?"

Here's a link to his Marvel cover gallery! http://marvel.wikia.com/Category:Steve_Lightle/Cover_Artist

• I'll give this a go.
  • Randy, you get Ron Lim!

• Clark Kent asked for one too (in an e-mail) ... 

Clark, you get Curt Swan!

• I've always been a fan of Lightle, although he never seemed to hold a long-running title of his own. Instead he served as an incredibly competent fill-in artist and cover artist. 

I also remember he did a few advertising pieces for Marvel over the years.

I've been a fan of Steve Lightle as well. I always associate him with the Legion of Super-heroes, but then when you look it up (which I did) his run as the regular penciller was only 13 issues. Now he did the covers forever. I am totally guessing that maybe he isn't fast enough to do a regular series, month-in month-out.

Anyways, I'll play as well.

• Ron Lim, eh?

Okay, from what I can see, a fairly typical 90's artist with a style I'm not so fond of. However, I did find an image that I liked.

Ron_Lim_Artist.jpg

It looks as if he's changed his style a bit since the 90's, which is good. This particular image is nice and cheeky, which is one of the reasons I selected it.
  • Knowing a smidge about your tastes, I picked Ron Lim on purpose. I really enjoyed his run on Silver Surfer, but that might also be due to the storyline too. I appreciated his cosmic backgrounds, for one thing. That being said, I always felt he had a little trouble with proportions -- his guys always seemed too thin and too muscular all at once. 

But like I said, I did enjoy his work. Wonder what he's doing lately?

• Travis, you get Lee Weeks!

Yep... I like making you look up some obscure folks!

• I'd like to play. Give me an artist!
  • I'll give it a shot, I've got a lot scanned already.

This reply was deleted.