I used to be a huge fan of the comic strip Dilbert. I found it to be funny and inventive. Eventually, however, it seemed to me that it fell into the same pattern that many successful comic strips fall into. That is, Scott Adams developed a stable of jokes and situations that he would cycle through periodically, dressing them up slightly to keep it from being too obvious.

The strip spawned an animated series that ran on UPN from January 1999 - July 2000. I don't suppose that  it will go down in history as the greatest piece of animation ever made, but it had its moments.  Be that as it may, I have the whole series on disk, and have decided to break it out and watch it again.

Views: 291

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A few more notes I forgot to put in.

One: The last episode reveals that Dilbert's town is called "Townbert", which I find way more amusing than I probably should,

Two: I thought this show was very well cast. The voice actors really fit the parts well.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service