The Baron dedicates this review to his good friend, Chris Fluit.

Are you sitting comfortably? Then here it is:

Meh.

Thank you, drive through.

Views: 119

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, and can we do the same with Damian? Please? Pretty please with sugar on top?

Randy Jackson said:
I like Magog just fine...dipped in chocolate, covered with nuts, and deep fried to a golden brown.

Mmmm, batter fried Magog! That's good eatin'!
"Tt"

Randy Jackson said:
Oh, and can we do the same with Damian? Please? Pretty please with sugar on top?

Randy Jackson said:
I like Magog just fine...dipped in chocolate, covered with nuts, and deep fried to a golden brown.

Mmmm, batter fried Magog! That's good eatin'!
Thank you for confirming I made the right decision in by-passing this book. I am also glad that I ate before reading this thread or I would be very hungry right now.
I read this last night. At first I wasn't enjoying it and then at some point I thought "this isn't too bad" and then when I finished I thought again "ok, this isn't that good".

Now I tried to read the newest issue of JSA this morning and had to put it down. I'll pick it up again but I just couldn't get into it at that particular moment.

I'm not sure what it is about both titles but JSA has steadily been losing steam for me since Geoff Johns left.
I was bored, and I needed something to look at while I was on the machine in the gym, do I read issue #2.

Meh.
The Baron said:
Captain Comics said:
Is there anyone, anywhere, who likes Magog? I mean, besides DC writers, who keep shoving him at us.

Magog was fine in Kingdom Come as a riff on the kind of characters that just don't fit into the traditional DC Universe.

The problem was when they decided to try to bring him into the traditional DC Universe.

...and make him a relative of FDR
I have a hard time judging when books hit the stands, because I sometimes get them early or late as review copies. So did Justice Society of America #33-34, which explain the split, come out AFTER JSA All-Stars #1? That would explain some of the confusion.

For my part, I've only read Justice Society up through issue #33, where Liberty Belle makes the dramatic announcement "we need to split up!" I should get the the next issue from DC in a couple of weeks, where they apparently do. But I read JSA All-Stars #1 at least a month ago. Which explains why I'M confused.

And that next issue of Justice Society better be REALLY good, to explain why A) Hourman III and Liberty Belle, who appear joined at the hip, choose separate teams B) Power Girl picks the team where she'll have to deal with Magog, whom she does not like and who is always trying to take charge, C) why any of the non-violent, non-military types (Stargirl, Hurricane) pick the "tough guy" team, and D) why they split up at all. Seriously, what would happen in real life is that Magog would find himself alone. It's implausible that half the team would opt to follow the lead of an unlikeable, unliked hothead who is insulting revered older heroes like GL and Flash and proposing a vague, poorly thought out -- but clearly different -- course than one that has worked for 60 years. "Yeah, let's all go run off the cliff with a guy we don't even like."

My suspension of disbelief is screaming in agony.
JSA All-Stars #1 came out between #33 (the issue in which Liberty Belle announces "we need to split up") and #34 (which I assume chronicles the breakdown).
Care to elaborate, Rich? Tell us why you like Magog.

Oh, and Baron...I think if Magog were run over by a London bus that it would just hurt the bus.
I read JSA #34 last night. The team has already split in this issue. This team is moving into an old JLA hideout, a cave somewhere. There's some connection between this and JSA All-stars mostly dealing with people commenting on Hourman/Liberty Belle. It was kind of a dull issue.
Cavalier said:
Care to elaborate, Rich? Tell us why you like Magog.

Oh, and Baron...I think if Magog were run over by a London bus that it would just hurt the bus.

Not if it was a super-bus! ;)
Jason Marconnet (Lime_Coke) said:
This team is moving into an old JLA hideout, a cave somewhere.

Not the old cave in Happy Harbor again! That trick NEVER works!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service