There was a time before Brian K. Vaughn was Brian K. Vaughn, when Marvel's Tsunami line was a thing, and when kids could imagine their parents were actually super villains without being right.

Into this world came Runaways.

This is a discussion of the first Runaways trade, Pride & Joy. Have you read the series before? How did you discover it? Did you keep with it? If so, for how long?

I'll take the title issue by issue, and add in a little personal history I had with the series...

Views: 365

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The parents are definitely showing their villainous colors here, and the kids have to quickly learn to adapt. They hadn't really expected to do battle: they were still in secret snoop mode. I liked the X-Ray Specs too (these actually work!). When I see a technology like this in use, I always wonder how it's "smart" enough to know where to stop. Why stop at the underwear level: why not nude, or all the way down to the skeletal level?

I finally made the time to read this thread. I'm sold, and am getting the first volume. If I like it as much as I expect to I'll likely get all of the BKV volumes.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service