Here's a letter I got this week. Is the guy right?

Hello.

I recently read your article about the upcoming roster for the Justice League. You had a couple of mistakes when it came to two characters.

1) Freddy Freeman is not the new Captain Marvel. His character is named Shazam after,of course,the wizard.Billy Batson,although de-powered at the moment,is still Cap.

2) Dick Grayson,as Nightwing,was not only a member but leader of the Justice League during the Obsidian Age storyline a few years ago.

Still a good article though. Thanks for your time.

Respectfully,

Brian J. Adkins

If the CBG article in question is required, I'll post it. But I'm not gonna re-read "Obsidian Age" without a gun to my head! :)

Views: 100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

During Trials of SHAZAM, Freddy's magic word was changed to "Shazam" from "Captain Marvel" to get rid of that "he can't say his own name" thing. By the end of that mini-series, though, he was re-named Shazam and not Captain Marvel. He can say his magic word without changing, though. He has to want to change now.

Blech! You don't want to re-read "Trials," either.
When I read the article in CBG, I immediately thought of Nightwing's stint in that replacement JLA when the rest of the gang went in search of Aquaman...
PowerBook Pete said:
He has to want to change now.

Reminds me of the joke:

How many psychoanalysts does it take to change a lightbulb?

Just one. But it has to really want to change.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service