This month's Previews has The Falcon #1 solicited for October in Marvel's post-Secret Empire books. I am saddened but not surprised. I knew that Sam Wilson's run as "THE" Captain America was limited, Marvel knew it was limited and if Sam was real, he would have known it, too. Except for a couple of action figures, Marvel has not promoted "Captain Falcon" much. Most non-comic book readers probably wouldn't even know he existed.

To be fair, there was no new Captain America #1 mentioned at all.

However there were the promos for two new story arcs: "The Death of the Mighty Thor!" and "The Search For Tony Stark!". 

Marvel had a large window to play with their major Avengers as there was a huge gap between Captain America: Civil War and Avengers: Infinity War, Part 1. But the latter is approaching fast and Marvel/Disney wants to put the familiar white male faces back on the playing field. We've seen this before when they had Thunderstrike, War Machine and USAgent assuming the roles of Thor, Iron Man and Cap. Then they were pushed down when the originals returned, to be killed off, one by one.

I wonder what Marvel will do to the "replacements" now?

Views: 230

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If the character Joachin is Puerto Rican he can't be undocumented. His birth certificate is enough to prove he's a U.S. citizen. If they want to have an undocumented charcter the character has to be from another country. They can still show him being discriminated against but not deported.

For what it's worth, Blindspot in Daredevil is also undocumented. I don't know what the long term plans are for him, however.

Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) said:

Ah, okay. My original point was that, while Marvel has a handful of Latino and Latina heroes at this point, Joaquin's undocumented status makes him pretty much unique. There are definitely stories his ethnic identity opens up, but many of those could also be told by other Latinx characters (with variations for their personal specifics). But Joaquin is at the moment uniquely qualified to unlock stories of undocumented people in the Marvel Universe at the moment.

Not that those stories can't be told without him, but Joaquin gives us a first-person account.

Cool, I didn't know that. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service