PRESS RELEASE

OUT OF THE SPEED FORCE AND INTO THE FIRE! TEAM FLASH MEETS NEW CHALLENGES (AND CHARACTERS) IN THE FLASH SEASON FOUR!

Cast and Producers Reveal New Characters at Saturday’s Comic-Con Panel

BURBANK, Calif. (July 22, 2017) — After three seasons of running, you’d think Barry Allen would deserve a break. He’s faced his evil-twin time remnant, saved his fiancée from the God of Speed and even sacrificed himself to stabilize the Speed Force. But now, in season four, Allen (aka The Flash) and his team will face new threats with the addition of some new characters, it was revealed at the 2017 Comic-Con panel for The Flash on Saturday, July 22. From the official reveal of next season’s big bad and more, the news had fans racing at a fever pitch.

Danny Trejo

Danny Trejo (Machete, From Dusk Till Dawn, Sons of Anarchy) has signed on to play the role of Breacher, a feared bounty hunter from Earth-19 and the imposing father to inter-dimensional bounty hunter, Gypsy (Jessica Camacho). His mission is to prevent any inter-dimensional traveler from threatening life on his planet — especially his daughter’s.

Neil Sandilands as The Thinker

Arriving in Central City as next season’s central super villain, Neil Sandilands (The 100, The Americans) will play DC villain Clifford Devoe, aka The Thinker, a metahuman with a mega mind who embarks on a season-long battle with The Flash that pits the “fastest man alive” against the “fastest mind alive.” A true genius, he’s devised an intricate plan to fix all that he deems wrong with humanity.

Kim Engelbrecht

Kim Engelbrecht (Dominion, Eye in the Sky) has been set as DC character The Mechanic, a highly intelligent engineer who designs devices for Devoe. As Devoe’s right hand, she’s the truest of true believers who’ll stop at nothing to help him implement his plan to fix humanity.

The Flash returns for season four on Tuesday, October 10, at 8/7c on The CW. Based on the DC characters, the series is executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg, Todd Helbing and Sarah Schechter. The Flash is produced by Bonanza Productions in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television.

Views: 699

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The problem is, "Elongated Man" is a clunker of a name, and "Plastic Man" is already taken.

That's why "Mr. Fantastic" works so well.

Cisco (or someone) decided Plastic Man was a terrible name. That was worth a chuckle. Will Cisco winnow it down to Elongated Man by process of elimination? Or will they just call him "Ralph" forever?

It was Ralph who decided "Plastic Man" was a terrible name. I don't think Cisco has yet weighed in.

I've always liked the name Elongated Man (and even better, The Elongated Man) -- sure it's long, but it seems appropriate in this case. And by calling him The Elongated Man, it's kind of a throwback to the carnivals he hung out at as he tried to discover the secret of Gingold.

I never thought of that connection.

Yeah, that's the part of his origin that really stuck with me. I always think of him as a bit of a carny guy. (It's not in his blood, like Nightwing or Deadman, but he'd have some points in common with them.)

There was a moment when Caitlin gave Ralph something to drink to stabilize his condition and I was sure she was going to say it was gingold or had gingold in it ... but she didn't.

There was always something of a showman about him. He certainly enjoyed the spotlight.

ClarkKent_DC said:

There was a moment when Caitlin gave Ralph something to drink to stabilize his condition and I was sure she was going to say it was gingold or had gingold in it ... but she didn't.

I had the same expectation.

For goodness sake, don't show that to Joe West!!!

JD DeLuzio said:

I know stuff like the above was supposed to be funny, but when Ralph elongated just his eyes or ears or nose it creeped me out as a kid. Plastic Man did the same thing, and I did think it was funny. Maybe it has to do with the difference in art styles between Carmine Infantino and Jack Cole.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service