PRESS RELEASE

OUT OF THE SPEED FORCE AND INTO THE FIRE! TEAM FLASH MEETS NEW CHALLENGES (AND CHARACTERS) IN THE FLASH SEASON FOUR!

Cast and Producers Reveal New Characters at Saturday’s Comic-Con Panel

BURBANK, Calif. (July 22, 2017) — After three seasons of running, you’d think Barry Allen would deserve a break. He’s faced his evil-twin time remnant, saved his fiancée from the God of Speed and even sacrificed himself to stabilize the Speed Force. But now, in season four, Allen (aka The Flash) and his team will face new threats with the addition of some new characters, it was revealed at the 2017 Comic-Con panel for The Flash on Saturday, July 22. From the official reveal of next season’s big bad and more, the news had fans racing at a fever pitch.

Danny Trejo

Danny Trejo (Machete, From Dusk Till Dawn, Sons of Anarchy) has signed on to play the role of Breacher, a feared bounty hunter from Earth-19 and the imposing father to inter-dimensional bounty hunter, Gypsy (Jessica Camacho). His mission is to prevent any inter-dimensional traveler from threatening life on his planet — especially his daughter’s.

Neil Sandilands as The Thinker

Arriving in Central City as next season’s central super villain, Neil Sandilands (The 100, The Americans) will play DC villain Clifford Devoe, aka The Thinker, a metahuman with a mega mind who embarks on a season-long battle with The Flash that pits the “fastest man alive” against the “fastest mind alive.” A true genius, he’s devised an intricate plan to fix all that he deems wrong with humanity.

Kim Engelbrecht

Kim Engelbrecht (Dominion, Eye in the Sky) has been set as DC character The Mechanic, a highly intelligent engineer who designs devices for Devoe. As Devoe’s right hand, she’s the truest of true believers who’ll stop at nothing to help him implement his plan to fix humanity.

The Flash returns for season four on Tuesday, October 10, at 8/7c on The CW. Based on the DC characters, the series is executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg, Todd Helbing and Sarah Schechter. The Flash is produced by Bonanza Productions in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television.

Views: 176

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They reminded me of 52 & Countdown, and also the show's whiteboard of future events from last season. 

As for Barry's rhyming repetitiveness, it sounded familiar to me, but mostly it seemed to be an attempt by the writers to show some kind of aphasia on his part -- him never being sure he had the right word, reaching out for a similar one. It felt to me like a tv "mental illness" trope/technique than a clue in and of itself. But I could be wrong, and it's something to watch out for. But I can't thing of a precedent in the DCU off the top of my head, though.

Etrigan the Demon

Jeff of Earth-J said:

All of Barry's scribbly, seemily nonsensical notations remind me of Countdown/52.

That speech pattern (rhyming the last word in a sentence twice) reminds me of something else, too, but I can't place it. Who else talks like that?

Etrigan will talk in rhymes, but when he does, he talks in verse. Barry's rhymes are different, just rhyming the last word in the sentence -- not as poetry, just as sound.

I'm not watching the DC shows much this year, though I PVRed Flash and Supergirl. I'm interested in seeing Ralph Dibny's forthcoming appearance. The character is very much a part of Flash history. I only hope that the effects don't stretch the budget too much. They can't just keep him in the dark as they did with Grodd.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service