PRESS RELEASE

OUT OF THE SPEED FORCE AND INTO THE FIRE! TEAM FLASH MEETS NEW CHALLENGES (AND CHARACTERS) IN THE FLASH SEASON FOUR!

Cast and Producers Reveal New Characters at Saturday’s Comic-Con Panel

BURBANK, Calif. (July 22, 2017) — After three seasons of running, you’d think Barry Allen would deserve a break. He’s faced his evil-twin time remnant, saved his fiancée from the God of Speed and even sacrificed himself to stabilize the Speed Force. But now, in season four, Allen (aka The Flash) and his team will face new threats with the addition of some new characters, it was revealed at the 2017 Comic-Con panel for The Flash on Saturday, July 22. From the official reveal of next season’s big bad and more, the news had fans racing at a fever pitch.

Danny Trejo

Danny Trejo (Machete, From Dusk Till Dawn, Sons of Anarchy) has signed on to play the role of Breacher, a feared bounty hunter from Earth-19 and the imposing father to inter-dimensional bounty hunter, Gypsy (Jessica Camacho). His mission is to prevent any inter-dimensional traveler from threatening life on his planet — especially his daughter’s.

Neil Sandilands as The Thinker

Arriving in Central City as next season’s central super villain, Neil Sandilands (The 100, The Americans) will play DC villain Clifford Devoe, aka The Thinker, a metahuman with a mega mind who embarks on a season-long battle with The Flash that pits the “fastest man alive” against the “fastest mind alive.” A true genius, he’s devised an intricate plan to fix all that he deems wrong with humanity.

Kim Engelbrecht

Kim Engelbrecht (Dominion, Eye in the Sky) has been set as DC character The Mechanic, a highly intelligent engineer who designs devices for Devoe. As Devoe’s right hand, she’s the truest of true believers who’ll stop at nothing to help him implement his plan to fix humanity.

The Flash returns for season four on Tuesday, October 10, at 8/7c on The CW. Based on the DC characters, the series is executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg, Todd Helbing and Sarah Schechter. The Flash is produced by Bonanza Productions in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television.

Views: 2622

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In the New 52 Secret Six, Dibny was masquerading as a criminal named Big Shot, who was.a big bruiser of a guy. Dibny had morphed his whole body into that shape and held it for a number of issues until the big reveal. 

So he's not a stretchy guy, he's a shape-shifter.

Flash returns with new episodes tomorrow, February 27

ClarkKent_DC said:

Bob Ingersoll almost made a second career out of punching holes in the comics "Trial of The Flash" story.* I imagine his reaction to this one would be something like this:   photo motocanaglia_testardo.gif

Ai yi yi yi yi ...

* I see someone out there has helpfully collected Ingersoll's columns on the subject, here: "Bob Ingersoll on 'The Trial of the Flash'"

Bob Ingersoll got around to the TV episode "The Trial of The Flash" here ("The Law Is a Ass #427: The Flash Sings Happy Trials to You") and here ("The Law Is a Ass #428: Trial and Era With The Flash"). And yes, he got two columns out of one episode, and isn't close to being finished finding flaws.

Like the episode title: 

Bob Ingersoll said:

It’s just like riding a bike. Once you’ve done it, doing it again is easy.

And what we’ve done, and are doing again, is “The Trial of The Flash.” Sorry, that should be the trial of Barry Allen as it wasn’t The Flash who was on trial for murder in the January 16th episode of The Flash, it was his secret identity Barry Allen. I’d think the old habits formed in columns of another era were dying hard but even the TV show called this episode “The Trial of The Flash.”

Looking forward to column #429 ...

Somehow, I didn't realize that Bob Ingersoll was still doing his column. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Ditto!!! I had no idea!

I realize such a thing is patently impossible, but I would really like to see a collection of Bob Ingersoll Columns reprinted along with the comics stories they critique. I used to snip his columns from CBG and bag them along with the comic in question, if I had it.

Regarding the TV show, DeVoe is a bit derivative of Heroes' Sylar. His new host reminds me of Marvel’s Dazzler (with a little Black Canary thrown in), but with sound based powers rather than light (which I always thought would have made more sense for Dazzler). Seems to me ther was something else I wanted to say…? Oh, well. It will either come to me or it won’t.

Since DeVoe intends to go after all of the metas created on the bus, Ralph must be on "his" hit list, though it hasn't been stated yet.

It hasn't been stated, but it's pretty clear to everybody. I'm pretty sure Ralph will be the last one DeVoe goes after, the better for the season finale.

It has been mentioned on the show, repeatedly. That's why they have a buddy system with Ralph. Either Flash or Vibe is with him at all times. 

I guess I missed it.

Captain Comics said:

It has been mentioned on the show, repeatedly. That's why they have a buddy system with Ralph. Either Flash or Vibe is with him at all times. 

Bob Ingersoll strikes again, with not one but two more columns on TV's "The Trial of The Flash":

The Law Is a Ass #429: "If At Flash You Don’t Succeed, Try, Trial Again".

In the next one, The Law Is a Ass #430, "Flash’s DA Should Have Said, “Well, Recuse Me!", he offers a couple objections to this point:

ClarkKent_DC said: 

I know this isn't Law & Order, and you all know how much I like District Attorney Cecile, and I am not a lawyer (nor do I play one on TV), but ... Cecile "takes a leave of absence" to defend Barry? No. If Cecile is going to defend Barry, Cecile quits her job.

One hinges on the rather abstruse differences between city criminal courts and county criminal courts, which I did not know, as well as the lack of clarity on whether Cecile is Ben Stone* or Adam Schiff**. But the other one, we all should have spotted: Cecile has a glaring conflict of interest because she's Joe West's fiancee! Even quitting her job wouldn't be enough to fix that problem!

* the executive assistant district attorney

** THE district attorney

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service