'The Flash' Season 4

PRESS RELEASE

OUT OF THE SPEED FORCE AND INTO THE FIRE! TEAM FLASH MEETS NEW CHALLENGES (AND CHARACTERS) IN THE FLASH SEASON FOUR!

Cast and Producers Reveal New Characters at Saturday’s Comic-Con Panel

BURBANK, Calif. (July 22, 2017) — After three seasons of running, you’d think Barry Allen would deserve a break. He’s faced his evil-twin time remnant, saved his fiancée from the God of Speed and even sacrificed himself to stabilize the Speed Force. But now, in season four, Allen (aka The Flash) and his team will face new threats with the addition of some new characters, it was revealed at the 2017 Comic-Con panel for The Flash on Saturday, July 22. From the official reveal of next season’s big bad and more, the news had fans racing at a fever pitch.

Danny Trejo

Danny Trejo (Machete, From Dusk Till Dawn, Sons of Anarchy) has signed on to play the role of Breacher, a feared bounty hunter from Earth-19 and the imposing father to inter-dimensional bounty hunter, Gypsy (Jessica Camacho). His mission is to prevent any inter-dimensional traveler from threatening life on his planet — especially his daughter’s.

Neil Sandilands as The Thinker

Arriving in Central City as next season’s central super villain, Neil Sandilands (The 100, The Americans) will play DC villain Clifford Devoe, aka The Thinker, a metahuman with a mega mind who embarks on a season-long battle with The Flash that pits the “fastest man alive” against the “fastest mind alive.” A true genius, he’s devised an intricate plan to fix all that he deems wrong with humanity.

Kim Engelbrecht

Kim Engelbrecht (Dominion, Eye in the Sky) has been set as DC character The Mechanic, a highly intelligent engineer who designs devices for Devoe. As Devoe’s right hand, she’s the truest of true believers who’ll stop at nothing to help him implement his plan to fix humanity.

The Flash returns for season four on Tuesday, October 10, at 8/7c on The CW. Based on the DC characters, the series is executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg, Todd Helbing and Sarah Schechter. The Flash is produced by Bonanza Productions in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I guess they finally got the message about so many speedster villains.

• and that Flash isn't a dark hero.

• One of the clips from the footage that ran in the Vixen broadcast showed what looks to be a Samuroid! So that's ridiculous and exciting.

• This is a photo spoiler-1.gif thread, yes? That said ... 

• The Flash is back! Yay! banana photo banana.gif
    • Glad that they didn't drag out the whole business of Barry being trapped in the Speed Force. Simply saying it's been six months and going right to the latest desperate attempt to save him was just fine.
    • I might have expected them to spend more time on brain-addled Barry once they got him out of the Speed Force, but I don't mind that they didn't drag that out either.
    • Iris is in danger, so Barry just snaps out of it? Okay ... 
    • Joe's getting serious with District Attorney Cecile; she's moving in with him! I like. They're a great couple. I want to see a double wedding!
    • Julian's gone back to London? Good. But Joe mentions something about the lab being shorthanded because Julian's gone and Barry's been "on sabbatical," so they want to fill Barry's job. Wasn't Julian Barry's boss? Wouldn't they have gone ahead and filled Julian's job already?
    • Why the heck was Peekaboo back?
    • So Caitlin quit the team and is bartending ... but occasionally lapses into Killer Frost? And, of course, isn't telling anybody? Oh, this can't end well ... 
  • Last night they did this one:

32498976048.181.GIF

Next week they're doing this one:

32498976048.115.GIF 
    I can hardly wait until they do this one:

32498976048.133.GIF

• Not a puppet! Not a puppet! You're the puppet!

..ahem. Sorry.

I think this episode got the season off to a good start, putting most of the regulars back in play, but allowing some secrets among them, too.

And I wonder if one of those secrets isn't Barry's. From the look on Iris's face after he sped out of their apartment, I think she suspects something's amiss. 

Also, some of the random things Barry says during his crazy talk sure sound like lines from future episodes to me. I'll be rewatching the show next week when Kathy gets home from her business trip, and I'll write some of those lines down, to check against for the rest of the season. 

• ClarkKent_DC said:

Glad that they didn't drag out the whole business of Barry being trapped in the Speed Force. Simply saying it's been six months and going right to the latest desperate attempt to save him was just fine.
    I might have expected them to spend more time on brain-addled Barry once they got him out of the Speed Force, but I don't mind that they didn't drag that out either.
    Iris is in danger, so Barry just snaps out of it? Okay ...

Since they established that six months have gone by, I was also fine with these things. I'm glad they didn't spread this over two episodes.

Joe's getting serious with District Attorney Cecile; she's moving in with him! I like. They're a great couple. I want to see a double wedding!

We get to see another side of Joe. Jesse L. Martin has a lot of acting chops.

Julian's gone back to London? Good. But Joe mentions something about the lab being shorthanded because Julian's gone and Barry's been "on sabbatical," so they want to fill Barry's job. Wasn't Julian Barry's boss? Wouldn't they have gone ahead and filled Julian's job already?

Did they ever show anyone else working in the CSI lab? The work must be really stacking up. I wonder if Barry will get Julian's job.

Why the heck was Peekaboo back?

Even though I never read a comic with her, I like Peekaboo. She showed what a tough foe she can be.

So Caitlin quit the team and is bartending ... but occasionally lapses into Killer Frost? And, of course, isn't telling anybody? Oh, this can't end well ...

I like her bartending wardrobe better than her scientist wardrobe.

• I'm also pro-Peekaboo. She's one of my favorite modern Rogues.

A couple of reasons:

A) As a modern foe, she was created in a time when entertainment was more diverse. So she can be true to the comics, but also not a white dude. That's a good thing. 

B) I also think her teleportation powers are a good match for Barry (or Wally, the speedster she was created to face). Basically, she's a speedster without velocity, direction, or momentum. She can be anywhere, much like Flash, but she doesn't give a hint to where she''ll be next. Granted, I'm not crazy about Team Flash being able to predict her movements with computers -- not unless they show us what data they're extrapolating from. (Also, Mirror Master has some of those same powers...though he needs reflective surfaces, whereas Peekaboo doesn't.)

C) Her motivations were originally altruistic, and through that she was drawn into regular crime. I think the show mirrors the comics in that respect, as well, though it's been a while since we've seen her.

D) I like superheroes to have minor threats as well as the major ones. Take them out in a segment or two, and then move on. Which is exactly how she was used here. 

• For all the agita Team Flash went through last season over the byline of that future newspaper article not saying "Iris West-Allen," I still wonder why it hasn't occurred to anybody that Iris didn't write the article because Iris doesn't work there anymore ... 

• I know! Or maybe she was promoted to editor! Or maybe Barry's ID was revealed, and the paper recognized an obvious conflict of interest and put another reporter on the Flash beat. Could be anything.

ClarkKent_DC said:

For all the agita Team Flash went through last season over the byline of that future newspaper article not saying "Iris West-Allen," I still wonder why it hasn't occurred to anybody that Iris didn't write the article because Iris doesn't work there anymore ... 

This reply was deleted.