'The Flash' Season Two

From SDCC:

THE FLASH BRINGS TWO DC COMICS CHARACTERS TO CENTRAL CITY FOR SEASON TWO

Teddy Sears (Masters of Sex) Joins the Cast as Jay Garrick and Shantel VanSanten (The Messengers, The Final Destination) as Patty Spivot

BURBANK, Calif. (July 11, 2015) — Hit Super Hero action/drama The Flash (Tuesdays 8/7c The CW) is getting up to speed for season two by bringing two new characters to join The Fastest Man Alive in Central City, with both hailing from the DC Comics Universe.

Teddy Sears photo by Rainer Hosch

Teddy Sears (Masters of Sex, Raising the Bar) has been cast as Jay Garrick, who is well known to comic book fans as the first DC Comics character to take on the mantle of The Flash. In the TV show, Jay is a mysterious figure who arrives in Central City to warn Barry Allen and his team at S.T.A.R. Labs of an impending danger that he alone cannot hope to stop.

The Flash executive producer Andrew Kreisberg said, “Having Jay Garrick come onto the show was one of our earliest ideas. It is so exciting, as we rush into season two, that we finally get to bring the Crimson Comet to life. We couldn’t imagine anyone more suited to play the original Flash than Teddy.”

Shantel VanSanten photo by Smile XXVII Studios

Shantel VanSanten (The Messengers, The Final Destination, One Tree Hill) has been set for the role of Patty Spivot. A more recent addition to The Flash’s comic book history, Patty Spivot is a police officer and science enthusiast who catches the eye of Barry Allen. Patty is obsessed with metahumans and partners with Det. Joe West this season but has no idea that her new crush is The Flash.

“We were huge fans of The Messengers and are excited to have Shantel join us to help complicate Barry Allen’s love life in season two,” said Kreisberg.

Based on the characters from DC Comics, The Flash is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television. The series returns for season two on Tuesday, October 6, at 8/7c on The CW.

Jay Garrick, copyright DC Entertainment Inc.

Patty Spivot, copyright DC Entertainment Inc.

THE FLASH signing photos (Sat, July 11): http://comiccon.thewb.com/the-flash-signing-3/ or https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153587427978777.1073741968.23330993776&type=3

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The new season 2 suit!

1936713579?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024The Flash -- Image Number: FLA02_FIRST_LOOK.jpg -- Pictured: Grant Gustin as Barry Allen/The Flash -- Photo: -- Jordon Nuttall/The CW -- © 2015 The CW Network, LLC. All rights reserved.

• 1936706427?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024They're here!

• Wheee!

• The Hollywood Reporter article containing the new "Flash of Two Worlds" picture.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/flash-season-2-jay-garri...

• Oh, geez, I just had a thought: What would an Earth 2 Oliver Queen look like in this universe? A wisecracking, happy guy? That would be hilarious to see OUR Ollie's face when they met!

And Earth 2's Roy Harper should be Speedy, and Ollie should call him "old chum."

• Jay's only 13 years older than Barry there. This would have been a good opportunity for an older actor. I'd've suggest John Wesley Shipp if he hadn't already turned up in the show.

They should let Adam West make one last appearance as Batman.

• The article (and IMDB) identify Teddy Sears, age 38, as playing Jay Garrick.

Adam West will be 87 in September.

• Christopher Lee was playing Saruman at that age.

• I suppose it's too much to hope for an appearance by Winky, Blinky and Noddy.

• That would be priceless ... and Amell could totally pull it off.  I vote for Cary Elwes as E2 Ollie.

Captain Comics said:

Oh, geez, I just had a thought: What would an Earth 2 Oliver Queen look like in this universe? A wisecracking, happy guy? That would be hilarious to see OUR Ollie's face when they met!

And Earth 2's Roy Harper should be Speedy, and Ollie should call him "old chum."

This reply was deleted.