There doesn't seem to be a thread dedicated to reactions to this show, so I'm creating one

Views: 196

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Squirrel Girl will be part of Marvel's New Warriors, coming next year on Freeform.

And the best part? Milana Vanytrub will play the part! You've seen her countless times on your TV as Lily, the AT&T girl. That's about the most perfect casting since Hartley Sawyer as (not yet) Elongaged Man Ralph Dibny on The Flash!

Alas, Disney has pulled New Warriors from Freeform and is shopping it around. If it ends up on a streaming service I don't get -- like Runaways and Star Trek: Discovery -- then I simply won't see it.

I have never read an Inhumans comic, in fact I'd barely heard the name before the TV show was announced (never was a big Marvel fan). But Marvel TV shows have generally been good, so I've watched a few episodes. They've been almost incomprehensible to me! I finally looked up the Marvel Wiki entry on them, and no wonder. They have roots in a bunch of other Marvel Universe history I barely know anything about. This is one show I'm going to bail on; there's too much other good stuff to watch.

Yes they pretty much have "supporting characters" stated on their foreheads. Marvel was foolish to try to turn them into A-listers. 

Also, I found an old Inhumans thread that I started after SDCC, and all it had on it was the sizzle reel, so I'm going to kill that thread and add that info here: 

Marvel relased this trailer at Comic-Con International: San Diego Thursday, July 20 for its new ABC show spinning off (kind of) from Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvel’s Inhumans will premiere with the first two episodes to be shown exclusively in IMAX theaters for two weeks, starting on Sept. 1. The series will then debut on ABC on Sept. 29 with additional, exclusive network content.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service