Well, I hope you folks have fun with it.

Views: 580

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Baron said:
Is this site really this slow, or is the SPL's* server just really that $#!++y? My time's almost used up for today, and I've barely been able to get into the thing. Ah, well, I'll try again in the morning before I go in to the city.

Also, I'm completely, utterly stupid. I mean, just preternaturally thick. This is why I can't figure out how to set up an avatar.


*Stands for "Sayville Public Library"

I've had some lag issues with this new site as well. Sometimes it zips along though.

To change your avatar click the "My Page" tab at the top, and on that page on the left hand side there is a link to change "My Photo". Hopefully you can handle it from there.
I'm not getting any lag in Firefox, IE or Chrome.
I can't play my "funny caption to go with my avatar" game anymore.

Well, I thought they were funny.
Doctor Hmmm? said:
I can't play my "funny caption to go with my avatar" game anymore.

Well, I thought they were funny.

Oh, yeah it was hysterical. I often had to make sure I wasn't drinking a beverage when I read them.
I once nominated them for a Clio (what?)

I kid, I kid.
Still figuring out various functions ...

I discovered the quote function, fine. But does the quote function allow you to quote something in another thread?

I see that after posting, there's a 15-minute window to edit that post. But after that, can the poster go into any given post and change it?

Can the poster delete a post at any point?

I don't see anything that counts posts. Is that something that doesn't exist in this environment?

Is there a search function?

I see four functions to alter fonts (bold, italics, underline, strikethrough). Is that it?

More questions later as I think of them.
Travis Herrick said:
The Baron said:
Is this site really this slow, or is the SPL's* server just really that $#!++y? My time's almost used up for today, and I've barely been able to get into the thing. Ah, well, I'll try again in the morning before I go in to the city.

Also, I'm completely, utterly stupid. I mean, just preternaturally thick. This is why I can't figure out how to set up an avatar.


*Stands for "Sayville Public Library"

I've had some lag issues with this new site as well. Sometimes it zips along though.

To change your avatar click the "My Page" tab at the top, and on that page on the left hand side there is a link to change "My Photo". Hopefully you can handle it from there.


Tried that. Couldn't get it to work. Can live without an avatar, if need be.
Much, much faster on Firefox, than on IE.
The Baron said:
Is this site really this slow, or is the SPL's* server just really that $#!++y? My time's almost used up for today, and I've barely been able to get into the thing. Ah, well, I'll try again in the morning before I go in to the city.

Also, I'm completely, utterly stupid. I mean, just preternaturally thick. This is why I can't figure out how to set up an avatar.


*Stands for "Sayville Public Library"

Tried it again with the photo. It doesn't seem for me. Will give up now.
Tried one more time. Getting message telling me my photo must be a jpg, png or pgf file. My photo is a jpg. Software is lying to me. As usual. Giving up for real, this time. Probably I shouldn't be allowed to touch anything more complicated than my own shoelaces. The more "features" are added, the less I am able to take adavantage of them. Skynet is real.
Another note - the SPL* is moving next month, so I won't be posting from the Library between about 6/8 and 6/28.

*Stands for "Sayville Public Library"
The Baron said:
Tried one more time. Getting message telling me my photo must be a jpg, png or pgf file. My photo is a jpg. Software is lying to me. As usual. Giving up for real, this time. Probably I shouldn't be allowed to touch anything more complicated than my own shoelaces. The more "features" are added, the less I am able to take adavantage of them. Skynet is real.

Is the "Rorschach's Journal" feel to this post deliberate? :)
The Baron said:
Tried one more time. Getting message telling me my photo must be a jpg, png or pgf file. My photo is a jpg. Software is lying to me. As usual. Giving up for real, this time. Probably I shouldn't be allowed to touch anything more complicated than my own shoelaces. The more "features" are added, the less I am able to take adavantage of them. Skynet is real.

Email me your photo and I'll check its format.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Sandman (TV)
"Well, yes... for all intents and purposes. there was a "Lady Johanna Constantine" in the…"
17 minutes ago
Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
22 minutes ago
JD DeLuzio replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
29 minutes ago
The Baron replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Sandman (TV)
"She's playing the "John Constantine" part, isn't she?  At least,…"
50 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Sandman (TV)
"She's Lady Johanna Constantine... and it is pronounced with a long "I" (-TINE)…"
52 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Ultraman Tiga
"ETERNAL LIFE: "The ancient plant Gijera begins to blossom again. Its pollen has the ability to…"
55 minutes ago
The Baron replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Sandman (TV)
"I hven't seen any of it yet, but I have to admit that the idea of "Clara as…"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Sandman (TV)
"EPISODE 3:  The adaptation of "Preludes & Nocturnes" proceeds apace. I am aboard…"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to ClarkKent_DC's discussion Meeting the Dora Milaje
"That's pretty cool, Kelvin."
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Likely to be found in a carney or a circus."
1 hour ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
5 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC posted discussions
9 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service