Well, I hope you folks have fun with it.

Views: 553

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wasn't stating anything but my own preferences. There's certainly nothing wrong with enjoying seeing your post count go up. It just isn't something I spend much time thinking about personally.
I know some people were really proud of their post counts, but I could care less. I know some people would pad them on purpose, which--while I never begrudged them--I never understood, either.
JeffCarter said:
I know some people were really proud of their post counts, but I could care less. I know some people would pad them on purpose, which--while I never begrudged them--I never understood, either.

C'mon -- would you watch the Olympics if nobody kept score?
ClarkKent_DC said:

I don't watch the Olympics either. :)

Seriously though, you consider it a competition, or was that just a facetious remark that I'm too punchy from this being the last week of school to discern?
Rich Lane said:
ClarkKent_DC said:

I don't watch the Olympics either. :)

Seriously though, you consider it a competition, or was that just a facetious remark that I'm too punchy from this being the last week of school to discern?

A competition, no. A friendly rivalry, yes.

The post count is a measurement of accomplishment. It may not be terribly relevant to anything, but understand this: It is valued by some, therefore, it has value.
Understand this, I never said it didn't have value to some.

Just not me.

Please don't insinuate something about me that I have already patently said I do not believe.
The time that I really had fun with it was when Shlabam and I went back and forth on the count for a while.
Rich Lane said:
Understand this, I never said it didn't have value to some.

Just not me.

Please don't insinuate something about me that I have already patently said I do not believe.

I insinuate nothing. Anything I have to say, I say.

I didn't say you said anything that you didn't say. I don't believe in putting words in people's mouths, and I don't like it when it happens to me, and I don't believe that is what I did.
No, but I watch sports for far different reasons than I read comic books--and for far FAR different reasons than I talk about comic books. Like Rich said, I've never considered this to be a competition.

Nothing against any of the competitors out there, but I never even looked at them. Every now and then I'd notice I was at like 5,034, and I'd go by the "Important Announcements" section and find a two week old post congratulating me for it. I always thought that was nice, but clearly it's not something I was looking at.

Like I said, I'm just speaking for myself.

ClarkKent_DC said:
JeffCarter said:

I only care about post counts that are evenly divisible by 37...and clearly, anyone who doesn't agree with that perspective is a soulless reverse-vampire android zombie from the future, and shouldn't be listened to anyway...
I used to enjoy my post count, but then grad school and work ate up all my time, and I lagged far, far behind everyone else. I was just glad to start discussing comics and TV shows again.
Alan M. said:
I only care about post counts that are evenly divisible by 37...and clearly, anyone who doesn't agree with that perspective is a soulless reverse-vampire android zombie from the future, and shouldn't be listened to anyway...

Ha! I'm with you!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

The Baron replied to Captain Comics's discussion This Week in Comics: May 23-29, 2022
"You don't read as much manga as I do."
1 hour ago
Captain Comics replied to Captain Comics's discussion This Week in Comics: May 23-29, 2022
"Oh. That never occurred to me. How can I still be naive at my age?"
1 hour ago
The Baron replied to Captain Comics's discussion This Week in Comics: May 23-29, 2022
"Mr. Boop sounds like it's designed to appeal to a very specific fetish that I don't…"
2 hours ago
Captain Comics posted discussions
2 hours ago
The Baron replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"Exactly."
2 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"THE MISSOURI BREAKS: This may not be the greatest western ever made, but where else are you going…"
2 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"Michael Rennie was illThe day the Earth stood stillBut he told us where we standAnd Flash Gordon…"
3 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to John Dunbar's discussion Marvel and DC Golden, Silver, and Bronze Age collections
"Amazon says: Walt Disney's Uncle Scrooge "The Golden Nugget Boat": The Complete Carl…"
3 hours ago
The Baron replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"Re-watching The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951).  According to the commentary…"
3 hours ago
The Baron replied to Captain Comics's discussion Conan license yanked from Marvel Comics
"I suppose that's a hazard of bringing a licensed property into your "universe"."
3 hours ago
Captain Comics replied to John Dunbar's discussion Marvel and DC Golden, Silver, and Bronze Age collections
"Fantagraphics lists Carl Barks Library Vol 27 for September!"
4 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Cavaliere (moderator emeritus)'s discussion What are you watching right now?
"I'm adding the Carlin doc to my tobewatched list."
5 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service