Well, I hope you folks have fun with it.

Views: 561

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wasn't stating anything but my own preferences. There's certainly nothing wrong with enjoying seeing your post count go up. It just isn't something I spend much time thinking about personally.
I know some people were really proud of their post counts, but I could care less. I know some people would pad them on purpose, which--while I never begrudged them--I never understood, either.
JeffCarter said:
I know some people were really proud of their post counts, but I could care less. I know some people would pad them on purpose, which--while I never begrudged them--I never understood, either.

C'mon -- would you watch the Olympics if nobody kept score?
ClarkKent_DC said:

I don't watch the Olympics either. :)

Seriously though, you consider it a competition, or was that just a facetious remark that I'm too punchy from this being the last week of school to discern?
Rich Lane said:
ClarkKent_DC said:

I don't watch the Olympics either. :)

Seriously though, you consider it a competition, or was that just a facetious remark that I'm too punchy from this being the last week of school to discern?

A competition, no. A friendly rivalry, yes.

The post count is a measurement of accomplishment. It may not be terribly relevant to anything, but understand this: It is valued by some, therefore, it has value.
Understand this, I never said it didn't have value to some.

Just not me.

Please don't insinuate something about me that I have already patently said I do not believe.
The time that I really had fun with it was when Shlabam and I went back and forth on the count for a while.
Rich Lane said:
Understand this, I never said it didn't have value to some.

Just not me.

Please don't insinuate something about me that I have already patently said I do not believe.

I insinuate nothing. Anything I have to say, I say.

I didn't say you said anything that you didn't say. I don't believe in putting words in people's mouths, and I don't like it when it happens to me, and I don't believe that is what I did.
No, but I watch sports for far different reasons than I read comic books--and for far FAR different reasons than I talk about comic books. Like Rich said, I've never considered this to be a competition.

Nothing against any of the competitors out there, but I never even looked at them. Every now and then I'd notice I was at like 5,034, and I'd go by the "Important Announcements" section and find a two week old post congratulating me for it. I always thought that was nice, but clearly it's not something I was looking at.

Like I said, I'm just speaking for myself.

ClarkKent_DC said:
JeffCarter said:

I only care about post counts that are evenly divisible by 37...and clearly, anyone who doesn't agree with that perspective is a soulless reverse-vampire android zombie from the future, and shouldn't be listened to anyway...
I used to enjoy my post count, but then grad school and work ate up all my time, and I lagged far, far behind everyone else. I was just glad to start discussing comics and TV shows again.
Alan M. said:
I only care about post counts that are evenly divisible by 37...and clearly, anyone who doesn't agree with that perspective is a soulless reverse-vampire android zombie from the future, and shouldn't be listened to anyway...

Ha! I'm with you!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"I hadn't realized Alan Robinson was drawing the New FF comic; I don't have a lot of…"
2 minutes ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"I've been reading the "Worlds Collide" crossover between the Superman family and the…"
6 minutes ago
Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Interestingly, Supes foster mom made an earlier appearance on a cover than his real mom.…"
34 minutes ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Superman and his parents BEFORE they became his parents!"
2 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
"I can't say about that, but Thomas is on record about borrowing certain aspects of…"
3 hours ago
MethodEng replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"I'm almost certain I've posted this one before under a different context, and I probably…"
3 hours ago
doc photo replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
"I am a day behind on my reading. Regarding Roy's essay - he mentions a Fawcett character…"
4 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"The hallmark of George Pérez is that he always went the extra mile, especially when he…"
4 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
"For the ads. 10. "The Second Banana Heroes" by Ron Goulart As with Roy Thomas's…"
5 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"ISSUE #76: (The title means "Adoration of the Earth.") The issue opens with the Phantom…"
5 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"My only concern with "classrooms" is that there might not be enough of them (we might end…"
6 hours ago
Peter Wrexham replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Steve:  Here's the new information to update the top-of-discussion index.  Link to…"
6 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service