Well, I hope you folks have fun with it.

Views: 585

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wasn't stating anything but my own preferences. There's certainly nothing wrong with enjoying seeing your post count go up. It just isn't something I spend much time thinking about personally.
I know some people were really proud of their post counts, but I could care less. I know some people would pad them on purpose, which--while I never begrudged them--I never understood, either.
JeffCarter said:
I know some people were really proud of their post counts, but I could care less. I know some people would pad them on purpose, which--while I never begrudged them--I never understood, either.

C'mon -- would you watch the Olympics if nobody kept score?
ClarkKent_DC said:

I don't watch the Olympics either. :)

Seriously though, you consider it a competition, or was that just a facetious remark that I'm too punchy from this being the last week of school to discern?
Rich Lane said:
ClarkKent_DC said:

I don't watch the Olympics either. :)

Seriously though, you consider it a competition, or was that just a facetious remark that I'm too punchy from this being the last week of school to discern?

A competition, no. A friendly rivalry, yes.

The post count is a measurement of accomplishment. It may not be terribly relevant to anything, but understand this: It is valued by some, therefore, it has value.
Understand this, I never said it didn't have value to some.

Just not me.

Please don't insinuate something about me that I have already patently said I do not believe.
The time that I really had fun with it was when Shlabam and I went back and forth on the count for a while.
Rich Lane said:
Understand this, I never said it didn't have value to some.

Just not me.

Please don't insinuate something about me that I have already patently said I do not believe.

I insinuate nothing. Anything I have to say, I say.

I didn't say you said anything that you didn't say. I don't believe in putting words in people's mouths, and I don't like it when it happens to me, and I don't believe that is what I did.
No, but I watch sports for far different reasons than I read comic books--and for far FAR different reasons than I talk about comic books. Like Rich said, I've never considered this to be a competition.

Nothing against any of the competitors out there, but I never even looked at them. Every now and then I'd notice I was at like 5,034, and I'd go by the "Important Announcements" section and find a two week old post congratulating me for it. I always thought that was nice, but clearly it's not something I was looking at.

Like I said, I'm just speaking for myself.

ClarkKent_DC said:
JeffCarter said:

I only care about post counts that are evenly divisible by 37...and clearly, anyone who doesn't agree with that perspective is a soulless reverse-vampire android zombie from the future, and shouldn't be listened to anyway...
I used to enjoy my post count, but then grad school and work ate up all my time, and I lagged far, far behind everyone else. I was just glad to start discussing comics and TV shows again.
Alan M. said:
I only care about post counts that are evenly divisible by 37...and clearly, anyone who doesn't agree with that perspective is a soulless reverse-vampire android zombie from the future, and shouldn't be listened to anyway...

Ha! I'm with you!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Mark Sullivan (Vertiginous Mod) replied to Eric L. Sofer's discussion Are any new books worth it?
"I don't buy monthly books anymore, so I can't help. But welcome back!"
6 minutes ago
Eric L. Sofer replied to Randy Jackson's discussion The List of Superhuman Characters who Can Split into multiple versions of themselves or multiple physical people
"Hmmm... What about Captain Marvel? No, not him - the "SPLIT!" Captain Marvel. Eclipso…"
6 minutes ago
Eric L. Sofer replied to Randy Jackson's discussion The List of Superhuman Characters who Merge Together
"Unless I missed it, how about the Eternals forming the Overmind? Robby Reed occasionally dialed H…"
23 minutes ago
Eric L. Sofer posted a discussion

Are any new books worth it?

Ahh, good to be back.I haven't bought ANY new comics three or four years, and only a bare few then,…See More
1 hour ago
Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Just trying to help out"
2 hours ago
JD DeLuzio replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Sandman (TV)
"Some additional thoughts: -The casting of Cain and Abel makes sense if you consider the pre-DC…"
2 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Dark Shadows
"Tracy is becoming increasing frustrated with Jeff Clarke at this point (626). "I'll…"
3 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion How Many Versions Does One Man Need?
"Yeah, I saw that, too. This is a reprint of two b&w serialized stories I already have in…"
3 hours ago
JD DeLuzio replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Sandman (TV)
"I'm a huge fan of the graphic novels, while my wife has never read them. We both liked season…"
3 hours ago
The Baron replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion How Many Versions Does One Man Need?
"See, I sae this, and thought "Jeff?" PLANET OF THE APES ADVENTURES: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL…"
3 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion How Many Versions Does One Man Need?
"Okay, I manage to give a pass to the Warlock Gallery Edition, then Marvel goes and solicits…"
3 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Marvel Fanfare
"ISSUE #31: FRONT COVER: Captain America by Kerry Gammil BACK COVER: Dr. Strange by Mark…"
3 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service